Green Day's 'Broadway Idiot' Documentary to Rock Theaters in October
"Broadway Idiot", the documentary which sees Billy Joe Armstrong and his Green Day bandmates finding themselves involved in the Broadway adaptation of their hit album "American Idiot", is set to grace big screens starting October 11 in New York. Through a distribution partnership between FilmBuff and Abramorama, it will also extend to more screens in the U.S. and Canada and be ready on VOD a week later.
Debuted at the South by Southwest Festival earlier this year, the movie is directed by Doug Hamilton. "We are thrilled to be working with FilmBuff to bring the labor of love and dedication that is Broadway Idiot to everyone across the country in theaters and across all digital platforms. It's like bringing Billie Joe Armstrong and Broadway right to your doorstep," said Hamilton.
Through this film, fans will find Armstrong and Tony Award-winning director Michael Mayer joining forces to turn the 2004 album, which was chosen as Best Rock Album at the 2005 Grammy Awards, into a musical version, something that Armstrong himself could not believe it. "I never thought I end up doing Broadway," he said in the trailer. "My fear was that it was just going to be sort of absurd, not relatable and corny."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation