Katy Perry's 'Roar' Projected to Move 450,000 Downloads on 1st Week
They were both forecast to sell more than 400,000 downloads last Monday, August 12 but after almost a week since they released their new singles ahead of schedule due to online leaks, only Katy Perry's "Roar" will most likely hit the estimation since Lady GaGa's "Applause" is looking to move only half of the initial projection.
Industry forecasters predict 450,000 downloads for Perry's "Roar" while they put GaGa's "Applause" at 200,000 to 225,000 by the end of the tracking week. Both singles, released consecutively on Monday and Tuesday respectively, serve as lead tracks for the divas' new studio albums, "Prism" for the "Firework" singer and "ARTPOP" for the "Born This Way" artist.
The two divas' anticipated "roaring" performance on the Digital Songs chart stands to get some well-deserved "applause" since it has been almost a year since two or more songs have simultaneously sold more than 200,000 copies in their debut week. Back in the October 20 digital songs chart, Adele, Taylor Swift and One Direction shared this achievement with their songs "Skyfall" (261,000), "Red" (312,000) and "Live While We're Young" (341,000).
Although their new singles were meeting head on in the charts, GaGa and Perry have somewhat gotten together over the fact that their new songs were hacked and leaked. "Wanna grab some shovels and f**k up some hackers? @katyperry excited to hear you ROAR," tweeted the Mother Monster, to whom the reinvented Perry tweeted back, "@ladygaga what a WILD weekend so far...Claws out, paws up! Looking forward to putting my hands up & making them touch too!"
More Katy Perry News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'