Katy Perry's 'Roar' Projected to Move 450,000 Downloads on 1st Week
They were both forecast to sell more than 400,000 downloads last Monday, August 12 but after almost a week since they released their new singles ahead of schedule due to online leaks, only Katy Perry's "Roar" will most likely hit the estimation since Lady GaGa's "Applause" is looking to move only half of the initial projection.
Industry forecasters predict 450,000 downloads for Perry's "Roar" while they put GaGa's "Applause" at 200,000 to 225,000 by the end of the tracking week. Both singles, released consecutively on Monday and Tuesday respectively, serve as lead tracks for the divas' new studio albums, "Prism" for the "Firework" singer and "ARTPOP" for the "Born This Way" artist.
The two divas' anticipated "roaring" performance on the Digital Songs chart stands to get some well-deserved "applause" since it has been almost a year since two or more songs have simultaneously sold more than 200,000 copies in their debut week. Back in the October 20 digital songs chart, Adele, Taylor Swift and One Direction shared this achievement with their songs "Skyfall" (261,000), "Red" (312,000) and "Live While We're Young" (341,000).
Although their new singles were meeting head on in the charts, GaGa and Perry have somewhat gotten together over the fact that their new songs were hacked and leaked. "Wanna grab some shovels and f**k up some hackers? @katyperry excited to hear you ROAR," tweeted the Mother Monster, to whom the reinvented Perry tweeted back, "@ladygaga what a WILD weekend so far...Claws out, paws up! Looking forward to putting my hands up & making them touch too!"
More Katy Perry News
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon