Katy Perry's 'Roar' Projected to Move 450,000 Downloads on 1st Week
They were both forecast to sell more than 400,000 downloads last Monday, August 12 but after almost a week since they released their new singles ahead of schedule due to online leaks, only Katy Perry's "Roar" will most likely hit the estimation since Lady GaGa's "Applause" is looking to move only half of the initial projection.
Industry forecasters predict 450,000 downloads for Perry's "Roar" while they put GaGa's "Applause" at 200,000 to 225,000 by the end of the tracking week. Both singles, released consecutively on Monday and Tuesday respectively, serve as lead tracks for the divas' new studio albums, "Prism" for the "Firework" singer and "ARTPOP" for the "Born This Way" artist.
The two divas' anticipated "roaring" performance on the Digital Songs chart stands to get some well-deserved "applause" since it has been almost a year since two or more songs have simultaneously sold more than 200,000 copies in their debut week. Back in the October 20 digital songs chart, Adele, Taylor Swift and One Direction shared this achievement with their songs "Skyfall" (261,000), "Red" (312,000) and "Live While We're Young" (341,000).
Although their new singles were meeting head on in the charts, GaGa and Perry have somewhat gotten together over the fact that their new songs were hacked and leaked. "Wanna grab some shovels and f**k up some hackers? @katyperry excited to hear you ROAR," tweeted the Mother Monster, to whom the reinvented Perry tweeted back, "@ladygaga what a WILD weekend so far...Claws out, paws up! Looking forward to putting my hands up & making them touch too!"
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards