'Wilfred' Actor Jason Gann Welcomes First Child
Actor Jason Gann, who plays Elijah Wood's furry friend on FX's show "Wilfred", has become a father. He and his wife Alejandra Varela welcomed their first child on August 13. The baby boy is called Xano William Varela Gann.
"Alejandra and I are so in love with our little man," Gann and Varela told PEOPLE in a statement. The couple's bundle of joy arrived weighing in at 7 lbs., 2 oz. and measuring 20.4 inches long.
Besides playing Wilfred, the Australian actor serves as the show's creator and producer. In a 2012 interview, Gann admitted that he did not like wearing the big animal costume. "When I'm in the suit and it's summer and I just want to tear somebody's hair out, I think about the fans and how much they really love the character and the show, and I keep going," he revealed.
Wearing the costume can be really annoying, especially if he wants to go to bathroom. "Obviously no one wants to get into a big suit if they're going to have to take a shit. It's a process of taking it off and putting it on for every scene. It's just annoying. But I don't mean to complain about it - it seems pretty stupid, really," he told Esquire in June.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video