'Wilfred' Actor Jason Gann Welcomes First Child
Actor Jason Gann, who plays Elijah Wood's furry friend on FX's show "Wilfred", has become a father. He and his wife Alejandra Varela welcomed their first child on August 13. The baby boy is called Xano William Varela Gann.
"Alejandra and I are so in love with our little man," Gann and Varela told PEOPLE in a statement. The couple's bundle of joy arrived weighing in at 7 lbs., 2 oz. and measuring 20.4 inches long.
Besides playing Wilfred, the Australian actor serves as the show's creator and producer. In a 2012 interview, Gann admitted that he did not like wearing the big animal costume. "When I'm in the suit and it's summer and I just want to tear somebody's hair out, I think about the fans and how much they really love the character and the show, and I keep going," he revealed.
Wearing the costume can be really annoying, especially if he wants to go to bathroom. "Obviously no one wants to get into a big suit if they're going to have to take a shit. It's a process of taking it off and putting it on for every scene. It's just annoying. But I don't mean to complain about it - it seems pretty stupid, really," he told Esquire in June.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation