'Devious Maids' Secures Second Season Order From Lifetime
"Devious Maids" gets another season to live. Lifetime has renewed the soap drama from "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry, ordering a 13-episode second season of its new hit series.
"One of the most daring series on television, 'Devious Maids' has quickly become a hit," Lifetime's Exec VP and GM Rob Sharenow says of the drama. Stephanie Leifer, senior vp current programming at ABC Studios, additionally states, "ABC Studios has had a great partnership with Lifetime and Televisa, and we're looking forward to another terrific season with Marc Cherry and his talented cast and crew."
Starring Ana Ortiz, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Susan Lucci, Grant Show and Mariana Klaveno, "Devious Maids" is produced by ABC Studios, with Cherry, Eva Longoria, Michael Garcia, David Lonner, John Mass, Larry Shuman and Sabrina Wind as executive producers.
The show centers on a close-knit group of maids, bonded together by their jobs, life struggles and boss' melodramatic "upstairs-downstairs" universe, that turns to one another for support after a fellow maid Flora (Paula Garces) is brutally murdered at the home of her employers.
The drama series hit series high with 2.9 million total viewers on August 4, while the most recent episode aired on August 11 posted a 2.7 million viewers. The first season will air its finale on September 22.
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angeline Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX