'Devious Maids' Secures Second Season Order From Lifetime
"Devious Maids" gets another season to live. Lifetime has renewed the soap drama from "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry, ordering a 13-episode second season of its new hit series.
"One of the most daring series on television, 'Devious Maids' has quickly become a hit," Lifetime's Exec VP and GM Rob Sharenow says of the drama. Stephanie Leifer, senior vp current programming at ABC Studios, additionally states, "ABC Studios has had a great partnership with Lifetime and Televisa, and we're looking forward to another terrific season with Marc Cherry and his talented cast and crew."
Starring Ana Ortiz, Judy Reyes, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Susan Lucci, Grant Show and Mariana Klaveno, "Devious Maids" is produced by ABC Studios, with Cherry, Eva Longoria, Michael Garcia, David Lonner, John Mass, Larry Shuman and Sabrina Wind as executive producers.
The show centers on a close-knit group of maids, bonded together by their jobs, life struggles and boss' melodramatic "upstairs-downstairs" universe, that turns to one another for support after a fellow maid Flora (Paula Garces) is brutally murdered at the home of her employers.
The drama series hit series high with 2.9 million total viewers on August 4, while the most recent episode aired on August 11 posted a 2.7 million viewers. The first season will air its finale on September 22.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!