Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Named 'Million Second Quiz' Host
Ryan Seacrest has inked a deal to host "The Million Second Quiz". The "American Idol" host is signed on for the upcoming NBC reality show, which will put contestants in a 24/7 live competition for 12 straight days in a gigantic hourglass shaped structure in the heart of Manhattan.
"I'm so excited to be hosting this new live game show on NBC, as it's really a fun and different format that I believe will generate lots of fans across different platforms," the 38-year-old radio personality says of his new TV hosting gig.
"When people see Ryan Seacrest, whether at the Emmys, the Oscars or on New Year's Eve, he is at the epicenter of national events," Paul Telegdy, NBC's president of alternative and late night programming, says in a statement. "He is a broadcaster, in all the traditional senses, but also in the most contemporary -- he is an accomplished host of live TV and a master of social media and pop culture. This makes him perfect for 'The Million Second Quiz'."
Seacrest has seemingly figured out how to host the new game show without affecting his other work commitments. His busy schedule was previously reported as a complicating factor in reaching the deal. The Los Angeles-based man will be in New York during the show's taping that will last for almost two weeks.
The KIIS-FM's "On Air with Ryan Seacrest" host will also executive produce "Million Second Quiz", which is set to premiere on September 9 at 8/7c. He and NBCUniversal have earlier entered into a deal that has him serve as a special correspondent for "Today" and contribute to NBC's primetime coverage of the Olympics.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake