'Fashion Star' Canceled After Two Seasons
"Fashion Star" didn't survive beyond the second season. NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt confirmed at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour that they wouldn't renew the design competition series.
The show features celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos. The second season got revamped with the contestants being grouped into teams and the mentors taking more hand-on roles in helping the contestants.
In addition, host Elle Macpherson was replaced by Louise Roe, and the show was moved from Tuesday to Friday nights. Even so, the finale drew only 2.5 million viewers and a 0.5 rating in the coveted adults 18-49 demo, a plunge from the season-one finale's 1.6 rating.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'