'Fashion Star' Canceled After Two Seasons
"Fashion Star" didn't survive beyond the second season. NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt confirmed at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour that they wouldn't renew the design competition series.
The show features celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos. The second season got revamped with the contestants being grouped into teams and the mentors taking more hand-on roles in helping the contestants.
In addition, host Elle Macpherson was replaced by Louise Roe, and the show was moved from Tuesday to Friday nights. Even so, the finale drew only 2.5 million viewers and a 0.5 rating in the coveted adults 18-49 demo, a plunge from the season-one finale's 1.6 rating.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance