'Fashion Star' Canceled After Two Seasons
"Fashion Star" didn't survive beyond the second season. NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt confirmed at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour that they wouldn't renew the design competition series.
The show features celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos. The second season got revamped with the contestants being grouped into teams and the mentors taking more hand-on roles in helping the contestants.
In addition, host Elle Macpherson was replaced by Louise Roe, and the show was moved from Tuesday to Friday nights. Even so, the finale drew only 2.5 million viewers and a 0.5 rating in the coveted adults 18-49 demo, a plunge from the season-one finale's 1.6 rating.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday