'Fashion Star' Canceled After Two Seasons
"Fashion Star" didn't survive beyond the second season. NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt confirmed at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour that they wouldn't renew the design competition series.
The show features celebrity mentors Jessica Simpson, Nicole Richie and John Varvatos. The second season got revamped with the contestants being grouped into teams and the mentors taking more hand-on roles in helping the contestants.
In addition, host Elle Macpherson was replaced by Louise Roe, and the show was moved from Tuesday to Friday nights. Even so, the finale drew only 2.5 million viewers and a 0.5 rating in the coveted adults 18-49 demo, a plunge from the season-one finale's 1.6 rating.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy