First Look at James Franco as Doctor on 'The Mindy Project'
"The Mindy Project" writer and co-star Ike Barinholtz has teased James Franco's guest-starring appearance on the sitcom. On Wednesday, July 24, he posted on his Twitter several photos from the show's set, giving a look at the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" actor in his portrayal of Dr. Paul Leotard.
Wearing a white coat, Franco is pictured standing next to Mindy Kaling, who dons a short wig, and co-star Chris Messina in one of the images. The other photo features Franco alongside Barinholtz himself, who wears a nurse costume. "Cool guyz," the nurse Morgan Tookers depicter wrote in the pic's caption.
Franco is tapped to appear in the first two episodes of "Mindy Project" season 2, which will premiere Tuesday, September 17 on FOX. A charismatic and popular doctor, Dr. Leotard replaces Kaling's Mindy while she is in Haiti on a volunteer mission with her pastor boyfriend.
"A former professional fashion model, Dr. Leotard radically altered his career goals after he accidentally walked off a runway at fashion week and was saved by a pregnant woman. From that day forward, he devoted himself to helping pregnant women and immediately applied to medical school," a press release revealed.
The show reunites Franco and Kaling, who shared screen in this summer comedy movie "This Is the End".
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'