First Look at James Franco as Doctor on 'The Mindy Project'
"The Mindy Project" writer and co-star Ike Barinholtz has teased James Franco's guest-starring appearance on the sitcom. On Wednesday, July 24, he posted on his Twitter several photos from the show's set, giving a look at the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" actor in his portrayal of Dr. Paul Leotard.
Wearing a white coat, Franco is pictured standing next to Mindy Kaling, who dons a short wig, and co-star Chris Messina in one of the images. The other photo features Franco alongside Barinholtz himself, who wears a nurse costume. "Cool guyz," the nurse Morgan Tookers depicter wrote in the pic's caption.
Franco is tapped to appear in the first two episodes of "Mindy Project" season 2, which will premiere Tuesday, September 17 on FOX. A charismatic and popular doctor, Dr. Leotard replaces Kaling's Mindy while she is in Haiti on a volunteer mission with her pastor boyfriend.
"A former professional fashion model, Dr. Leotard radically altered his career goals after he accidentally walked off a runway at fashion week and was saved by a pregnant woman. From that day forward, he devoted himself to helping pregnant women and immediately applied to medical school," a press release revealed.
The show reunites Franco and Kaling, who shared screen in this summer comedy movie "This Is the End".
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7