First Look at James Franco as Doctor on 'The Mindy Project'
"The Mindy Project" writer and co-star Ike Barinholtz has teased James Franco's guest-starring appearance on the sitcom. On Wednesday, July 24, he posted on his Twitter several photos from the show's set, giving a look at the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" actor in his portrayal of Dr. Paul Leotard.
Wearing a white coat, Franco is pictured standing next to Mindy Kaling, who dons a short wig, and co-star Chris Messina in one of the images. The other photo features Franco alongside Barinholtz himself, who wears a nurse costume. "Cool guyz," the nurse Morgan Tookers depicter wrote in the pic's caption.
Franco is tapped to appear in the first two episodes of "Mindy Project" season 2, which will premiere Tuesday, September 17 on FOX. A charismatic and popular doctor, Dr. Leotard replaces Kaling's Mindy while she is in Haiti on a volunteer mission with her pastor boyfriend.
"A former professional fashion model, Dr. Leotard radically altered his career goals after he accidentally walked off a runway at fashion week and was saved by a pregnant woman. From that day forward, he devoted himself to helping pregnant women and immediately applied to medical school," a press release revealed.
The show reunites Franco and Kaling, who shared screen in this summer comedy movie "This Is the End".
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed