'Twilight' Actor Kellan Lutz in Talks to Join 'Expendables 3'
"The Expendables 3" might really be Kellan Lutz's next starring vehicle. The Wrap learns that the 28-year-old hunk, best known for his alter-ego Emmett Cullen in "Twilight" film series, is in talks with Lionsgate to star in the latest ensemble action film, which has been confirmed to be directed by Patrick Hughes of "Red Hill".
Sources close to the production give the site details of what will be featured in the third installment. " 'Expendables 3' will introduce a younger group of tech-savvy action heroes who initially clash with the older crew, though they eventually team up to save the day," so the insiders claim.
If Lutz is indeed courted for the project and agrees to take part in it, he will join forces with Sylvester Stallone, who recently took to Twitter to announce the arrivals of mixed martial artist Ronda Rousey and welterweight boxer Victor Ortiz to the ensemble.
Stallone has previously given hint at the potential involvement of Mel Gibson in the third film, but as of now, the "Braveheart" star is not officially signed on yet.
"The Expendables 3", which is slated to begin its production next month, will storm theaters on August 15, 2014.
Lutz will next be seen in "Hercules 3D", which features him as the titular demigod. He is now busy filming Reinhard Klooss' upcoming animation "Tarzan (2013)".
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'