'Twilight' Actor Kellan Lutz in Talks to Join 'Expendables 3'
"The Expendables 3" might really be Kellan Lutz's next starring vehicle. The Wrap learns that the 28-year-old hunk, best known for his alter-ego Emmett Cullen in "Twilight" film series, is in talks with Lionsgate to star in the latest ensemble action film, which has been confirmed to be directed by Patrick Hughes of "Red Hill".
Sources close to the production give the site details of what will be featured in the third installment. " 'Expendables 3' will introduce a younger group of tech-savvy action heroes who initially clash with the older crew, though they eventually team up to save the day," so the insiders claim.
If Lutz is indeed courted for the project and agrees to take part in it, he will join forces with Sylvester Stallone, who recently took to Twitter to announce the arrivals of mixed martial artist Ronda Rousey and welterweight boxer Victor Ortiz to the ensemble.
Stallone has previously given hint at the potential involvement of Mel Gibson in the third film, but as of now, the "Braveheart" star is not officially signed on yet.
"The Expendables 3", which is slated to begin its production next month, will storm theaters on August 15, 2014.
Lutz will next be seen in "Hercules 3D", which features him as the titular demigod. He is now busy filming Reinhard Klooss' upcoming animation "Tarzan (2013)".
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen