'Pacific Rim' Star Charlie Hunnam Set for Crime Thriller 'Triple Nine'
Charlie Hunnam has secured a leading role in a crime thriller movie. The Wrap reports that the Raleigh Becket of "Pacific Rim" is now committed to "Triple Nine", a FilmDistrict film from "Lawless" director John Hillcoat. Still at the negotiation table to discuss possibility of starring opposite Hunnam are Oscar winners Christoph Waltz and Cate Blanchett.
Hunnam will be introduced as a young LAPD cop who is planned to be killed by a group of thieves in hopes of diverting the police away from a daring heist they're perpetrating across town. "The Zero Theorem" star Waltz is expected to play Hunnam's on-screen uncle and fellow cop. Meanwhile, if on board, "Hanna" villain Blanchett will play "a notorious mobster's Lady Macbeth-esque wife who's really pulling the strings behind the heist."
The title itself refers to police code indicating that an officer is in need of immediate assistance. In this project, Hillcoat will team up with scribe Matt Cook. Attached to serve as producers are Keith Redmon, Bard Dorros and Steve Golin. Megan Ellison is financing under her Panorama Media banner.
The project, which might kick off the production before the end of the year, was previously set with Shia LaBeouf as leading man. Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges were once linked to it.
Hunnam's "Pacific Rim" is currently playing at theaters. He will reteam with Guillermo del Toro in "Crimson Peak".
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies