'Pacific Rim' Star Charlie Hunnam Set for Crime Thriller 'Triple Nine'
Charlie Hunnam has secured a leading role in a crime thriller movie. The Wrap reports that the Raleigh Becket of "Pacific Rim" is now committed to "Triple Nine", a FilmDistrict film from "Lawless" director John Hillcoat. Still at the negotiation table to discuss possibility of starring opposite Hunnam are Oscar winners Christoph Waltz and Cate Blanchett.
Hunnam will be introduced as a young LAPD cop who is planned to be killed by a group of thieves in hopes of diverting the police away from a daring heist they're perpetrating across town. "The Zero Theorem" star Waltz is expected to play Hunnam's on-screen uncle and fellow cop. Meanwhile, if on board, "Hanna" villain Blanchett will play "a notorious mobster's Lady Macbeth-esque wife who's really pulling the strings behind the heist."
The title itself refers to police code indicating that an officer is in need of immediate assistance. In this project, Hillcoat will team up with scribe Matt Cook. Attached to serve as producers are Keith Redmon, Bard Dorros and Steve Golin. Megan Ellison is financing under her Panorama Media banner.
The project, which might kick off the production before the end of the year, was previously set with Shia LaBeouf as leading man. Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges were once linked to it.
Hunnam's "Pacific Rim" is currently playing at theaters. He will reteam with Guillermo del Toro in "Crimson Peak".
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal