Regis Philbin to Make TV Return With Fox Sports' 'Crowd Goes Wild'
Regis Philbin is going to return to TV two years after he departed "Live! with Regis and Kelly". The veteran presenter is set to host Fox Sports 1's upcoming talk show "Crowd Goes Wild", which will launch August 19.
"I'm happy to be part of sports TV," the 81-year-old says of his new gig. "If you look at the ratings, that's what's on top. Sports is the biggest hit TV has these days. It's all there on the field, pal."
He goes on talking about the show, "We've got a nice little panel of people together, a lot of friends. And if a celebrity like George Clooney comes to town with a movie, we'll play clips from his movie - but we'll also talk to George, who grew up in Cincinnati, about his sports roots, like if he's still a big Reds fan."
"Crowd Goes Wild", which is slated to air daily at 5 P.M., will feature interviews with guests. It has a panel including Philbin, NFL star Trevor Pryce, pro tennis player Michael Kosta, Wall Street Journal sports columnist Jason Gay and Sky Sports' anchor Georgie Thompson. Kate Nolan of Guyism.com and YouTube fame will be the social media correspondent.
Executive producer Michael Davies explains the show's format, "We're not a sports news show; we're a sports entertainment show. The standard for us: We're not trying to set the agenda of what America [is] talking about on a daily basis. We're frankly trying to be funny a lot of the time."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'