Regis Philbin to Make TV Return With Fox Sports' 'Crowd Goes Wild'
Regis Philbin is going to return to TV two years after he departed "Live! with Regis and Kelly". The veteran presenter is set to host Fox Sports 1's upcoming talk show "Crowd Goes Wild", which will launch August 19.
"I'm happy to be part of sports TV," the 81-year-old says of his new gig. "If you look at the ratings, that's what's on top. Sports is the biggest hit TV has these days. It's all there on the field, pal."
He goes on talking about the show, "We've got a nice little panel of people together, a lot of friends. And if a celebrity like George Clooney comes to town with a movie, we'll play clips from his movie - but we'll also talk to George, who grew up in Cincinnati, about his sports roots, like if he's still a big Reds fan."
"Crowd Goes Wild", which is slated to air daily at 5 P.M., will feature interviews with guests. It has a panel including Philbin, NFL star Trevor Pryce, pro tennis player Michael Kosta, Wall Street Journal sports columnist Jason Gay and Sky Sports' anchor Georgie Thompson. Kate Nolan of Guyism.com and YouTube fame will be the social media correspondent.
Executive producer Michael Davies explains the show's format, "We're not a sports news show; we're a sports entertainment show. The standard for us: We're not trying to set the agenda of what America [is] talking about on a daily basis. We're frankly trying to be funny a lot of the time."
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo