David Cook and James Durbin Offered to Fill in for Hinder Frontman
David Cook was offered to be the temporary frontman of Hinder. Hinder manager Kevin Zaruk recently told The Hollywood Reporter that the winner of "American Idol" season 7 "was at the top of our list" to fill in for vocalist Austin Winkler, who entered rehab for the second time.
The offer, however, was turned down by Cook. Although he was said to be "very interested" in joining the Oklahoma-based rock band, he chose to continue his solo career. The 30-year-old singer was also reportedly offered a recording deal by Verve, a record label run by David Foster.
A source said that Cook was still "considering" working with the producer, who was associated with other "American Idol" alumni, including Ruben Studdard, Katharine McPhee and Michael Johns.
After failing to put Cook in their lineup, Hinder reached out to James Durbin. Zaruk then revealed that the fourth placer of "American Idol" season 10 also rejected the offer. Durbin is said to be in the studio to work on the follow-up to his debut album, 2011's "Memories of a Beautiful Disaster".
On July 10, Hinder announced that frontman Winkler temporarily left the band "for personal reason." For the upcoming tour dates, Winkler would be replaced by Saving Abel's Jared Weeks and Drankmore's Marshal Dutton.
As for Winkler, the vocalist is currently in rehab to treat his substance abuse issue. Zaruk said that Winkler checked himself into the rehab because "he felt like he was slipping." "We just want him to get healthy and get happy," he added.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!