David Cook and James Durbin Offered to Fill in for Hinder Frontman
David Cook was offered to be the temporary frontman of Hinder. Hinder manager Kevin Zaruk recently told The Hollywood Reporter that the winner of "American Idol" season 7 "was at the top of our list" to fill in for vocalist Austin Winkler, who entered rehab for the second time.
The offer, however, was turned down by Cook. Although he was said to be "very interested" in joining the Oklahoma-based rock band, he chose to continue his solo career. The 30-year-old singer was also reportedly offered a recording deal by Verve, a record label run by David Foster.
A source said that Cook was still "considering" working with the producer, who was associated with other "American Idol" alumni, including Ruben Studdard, Katharine McPhee and Michael Johns.
After failing to put Cook in their lineup, Hinder reached out to James Durbin. Zaruk then revealed that the fourth placer of "American Idol" season 10 also rejected the offer. Durbin is said to be in the studio to work on the follow-up to his debut album, 2011's "Memories of a Beautiful Disaster".
On July 10, Hinder announced that frontman Winkler temporarily left the band "for personal reason." For the upcoming tour dates, Winkler would be replaced by Saving Abel's Jared Weeks and Drankmore's Marshal Dutton.
As for Winkler, the vocalist is currently in rehab to treat his substance abuse issue. Zaruk said that Winkler checked himself into the rehab because "he felt like he was slipping." "We just want him to get healthy and get happy," he added.
More David Cook News
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares