'Boardwalk Empire' and 'Sherlock' Actors Star in BBC's 'Legacy'
BBC has assembled the cast of its upcoming TV movie, "Legacy (2014)". The British network recruits talents from today's critically acclaimed shows, such as Charlie Cox of "Boardwalk Empire" and Andrew Scott of "Sherlock".
Romola Garai ("The Hour") and Simon Russell Beale ("My Week With Marilyn") are going to star in the cold war drama as well, joining Olivia Grant ("Lark Rise to Candleford"), Christian McKay ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") and Tessa Peake Jones ("Marchlands").
Cox, who plays Owen Slater on the HBO show and Tristan Thorn in "Stardust", will tackle the lead role of Charles Thoroughgood, a young spy who discovers the disturbing truth about his father's complex past. "Sherlock" villain, Scott, meanwhile, is cast as diplomat Victor Koslov.
Paula Milne penned the screenplay based on a novel by Alan Judd. "Legacy falls well within the genre of the British spy thriller but has an extraordinary personal twist," Milne said of the story, which is set during the height of the Cold War in 1970s London. "For what is espionage if not betrayal at the most fundamental level of human interactions? When that occurs within a family... it's dynamite!"
"Cold Feet" and "Dredd" helmer Pete Travis will serve behind the lens for the 90-minute drama, which is produced by Rob Bullock and executive produced by Simon Crawford Collins, Lucy Richer, Milne and Judd. No U.S. premiere date is set for the TV movie yet.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media