'Boardwalk Empire' and 'Sherlock' Actors Star in BBC's 'Legacy'
BBC has assembled the cast of its upcoming TV movie, "Legacy (2014)". The British network recruits talents from today's critically acclaimed shows, such as Charlie Cox of "Boardwalk Empire" and Andrew Scott of "Sherlock".
Romola Garai ("The Hour") and Simon Russell Beale ("My Week With Marilyn") are going to star in the cold war drama as well, joining Olivia Grant ("Lark Rise to Candleford"), Christian McKay ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") and Tessa Peake Jones ("Marchlands").
Cox, who plays Owen Slater on the HBO show and Tristan Thorn in "Stardust", will tackle the lead role of Charles Thoroughgood, a young spy who discovers the disturbing truth about his father's complex past. "Sherlock" villain, Scott, meanwhile, is cast as diplomat Victor Koslov.
Paula Milne penned the screenplay based on a novel by Alan Judd. "Legacy falls well within the genre of the British spy thriller but has an extraordinary personal twist," Milne said of the story, which is set during the height of the Cold War in 1970s London. "For what is espionage if not betrayal at the most fundamental level of human interactions? When that occurs within a family... it's dynamite!"
"Cold Feet" and "Dredd" helmer Pete Travis will serve behind the lens for the 90-minute drama, which is produced by Rob Bullock and executive produced by Simon Crawford Collins, Lucy Richer, Milne and Judd. No U.S. premiere date is set for the TV movie yet.
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt