Sean Connery and Wife Threatened With Arrest Over Property Dispute
Sean Connery and his wife Micheline are apparently facing serious trouble. According to a report from Wenn, the 82-year-old former James Bond depicter and his wife are required to stand in front of a judge in Spain by the end of this year, or else they will be arrested.
The couple has been linked to an investigation for money-laundering and property fraud since 2010. The actor and his wife have denied the accusations. The two, however, repeatedly failed to fulfill the court's summons to testify because of health reason. Spanish news agency Efe reported that the judge would issue an arrest warrant for the actor and his wife if they ignored the court's demand to give evidence.
Sean and Micheline sold their mansion near Marbella, Spain, in 1998. They got $8.4 million for selling the property to redevelopers, but the couple reportedly failed to pay $2 million in tax on the sale of development rights to the land.
The mansion was destroyed and a complex of 72 apartments was built on the land. The building brought $75 million in profit. Later, it was discovered that the apartment complex was built illegally because local law stated that only five units could be built on the land. People who are involved in the case, such as former Marbella Mayor Julian Munoz and the city's former chief of urban planning, Juan Antonio Roca, have been arrested.
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12