Sean Connery and Wife Threatened With Arrest Over Property Dispute
Sean Connery and his wife Micheline are apparently facing serious trouble. According to a report from Wenn, the 82-year-old former James Bond depicter and his wife are required to stand in front of a judge in Spain by the end of this year, or else they will be arrested.
The couple has been linked to an investigation for money-laundering and property fraud since 2010. The actor and his wife have denied the accusations. The two, however, repeatedly failed to fulfill the court's summons to testify because of health reason. Spanish news agency Efe reported that the judge would issue an arrest warrant for the actor and his wife if they ignored the court's demand to give evidence.
Sean and Micheline sold their mansion near Marbella, Spain, in 1998. They got $8.4 million for selling the property to redevelopers, but the couple reportedly failed to pay $2 million in tax on the sale of development rights to the land.
The mansion was destroyed and a complex of 72 apartments was built on the land. The building brought $75 million in profit. Later, it was discovered that the apartment complex was built illegally because local law stated that only five units could be built on the land. People who are involved in the case, such as former Marbella Mayor Julian Munoz and the city's former chief of urban planning, Juan Antonio Roca, have been arrested.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly