50 Cent Denies Alleged Domestic Violence
Rapper 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, issued a statement following accusations of domestic violence and vandalism. The rapper's attorney said, "Curtis Jackson [50 Cent] denies these allegations as made against him. It is important to note, Mr. Jackson has not been arrested and there is no warrant outstanding for his arrest."
Jackson was reported kicking a woman who "had previously been in a three-year relationship with Jackson and they have a child in common" during an altercation on June 23. The rapper allegedly injured the woman and destroyed her properties in Toluca Lake, California.
"During an argument, Jackson allegedly began destroying the female's property. Allegedly when the female locked herself in her bedroom, Jackson kicked-open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing an injury," Los Angeles City attorney said in a statement.
The rapper already left the scene when the police arrived. The police officers found broken chandeliers, furniture, TV set and a lamp all over the place. In addition, Jackson allegedly trashed the victim's bedroom and threw her clothes on the floor. The alleged victim suffered approximately $7,100 in damage.
Jackson is booked with five charges, including one count of misdemeanor domestic violence and four counts of misdemeanor vandalism. If convicted, the "Do You Think About Me" rapper will face up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines. His arraignment has been scheduled for July 22.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video