Pierce Brosnan's Co-Stars Send Condolences After His Daughter Died of Cancer
Condolences and prayers are pouring in from friends and colleagues for Pierce Brosnan and his mourning family. The former James Bond actor lost his daughter Charlotte to ovarian cancer. She passed away Friday, June 28 in London after losing battle against the same illness which killed her mother, Cassandra Harris, twenty two years ago.
His co-star, Denise Richards who played Bond girl in "The World Is Not Enough", tweeted, "My heart goes out to Pierce Brosnan & his family.. so devastating." Robert Davi, who played the villain in 1989's James Bond flick "License to Kill" opposite Timothy Dalton, added, "Just been informed - my friend Pierce Brosnan has lost his daughter to an illness - my prayers and love go out to him and his family."
Brosnan's "Remington Steele" co-star Stephanie Zimbalist joined the mourners, "Sad news to announce. Please join us in sending love, prayers and sympathy to Pierce Brosnan and his family for the death of his daughter Charlotte." Olivia Munn, his co-star in "I Don't Know How She Does It", tweeted, "My deepest condolences to Pierce Brosnan and his family for the loss of his daughter to ovarian cancer."
"Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity. Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl," Brosnan said in statement. "She was surrounded by her husband Alex, children Isabella and Lucas and brothers Christopher and Sean." He added, "We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon. We thank everyone for their heartfelt condolences."
Charlotte and Christopher are Harris' children from a previous marriage. They were adopted by Brosnan after he married their mother in 1980. Brosnan and Harris additionally have a son together, Sean. The actor is also a father to Dylan and Paris, the sons he has with journalist Keely Shaye Smith whom he married in 2001.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion