First Look at Dominic Cooper as Ian Fleming via Photos and Teaser Trailer
How Dominic Cooper will look like in his portrayal of Ian Fleming on BBC America's "Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond" has been unveiled in form of photos and a teaser trailer. Cooper, as the author of James Bond novels, is featured with a woman in bed in one of the pictures and dancing with Lara Pulver, who plays Ann, in another image.
The video, meanwhile, sees Cooper's Fleming pointing his gun at something unseen in the dark. It additionally describes the real-life figure as a "playboy," "gambler" and "spy," which are exactly the characteristics of the famous 007 agent, Bond, which Fleming created.
The four-part drama will capture the life of Fleming, a charming, sophisticated maverick whose dilettanti, pleasure seeking life was turned around by WWII and led to the creation of the best known spy the world has ever known. The outbreak of WWII saw a young Fleming as an unsuccessful stockbroker already with a failed army career behind him, living off his rich family while indulging his passions of alcohol, erotic literature and sexual conquests.
But having been forced into Naval Intelligence through family connections, Fleming found a calling. Utilizing his vivid imagination, charm and mischievous sense of humor he was responsible for some of the most outrageous counter intelligence missions against the Nazis, full of danger and intrigue, the experience of which would form the basis of the Bond books.
The miniseries is slated to premiere in winter 2014 in the U.S.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory