Michael C. Hall on 'Dexter' Season 8: It's a Decisive Ending
"Dexter" is nearing its end with the eight and final season set to kick off this weekend. Met at the show's premiere party at Milk Studios in Los Angeles earlier this month, the stars dished on what to expect from the new installment. Without spilling any details, Michael C. Hall told E! News, "It's a decisive ending that I'm really excited about."
His on-screen sister and real-life ex-wife Jennifer Carpenter was equally coy when speaking about the upcoming season. "I feel like this season is unlike any other that we've ever shot," the Debra depicter gushed. "I don't even know how to prepare people for it, so I'm really curious. I can't gauge it. Debra at least starts off in a place she's never been before."
Yvonne Strahovski, who will reprise her role as Dexter's love interest Hannah, also teased about her character's return, "As usual, Hannah is going to stir things up a little bit with an unexpected surprise visit maybe."
Speaking of filming the show for one last season, Hall revealed, "We're feeling a lot of things. We're feeling a lot of pride; we're feeling a lot of love, a lot of affection. It's a real family."
Carpenter admitted, "It's bittersweet, but I am going to miss the people. The show is going out on a really nice note. We're finishing it the way we want, so there's nothing to be sad about, really!" She additionally joked, "Eight years is like college twice! We had a weekly kegger."
The eighth and final season of "Dexter" will premiere Sunday, June 30, at 9 P.M. on Showtime. In addition to Strahovski, Charlotte Rampling, Julian Sands, Sean Patrick Flanery and Nick Gomez are slated to guest star.
More Dexter News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'