Four Original 'Glee' Cast Members Won't Return in Season 5
Another graduation means more familiar characters leave McKinley High on "Glee". TVLine has learned that at least four original cast members won't return as series regulars in the upcoming season 5.
They are Heather Morris (Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Amber Riley (Mercedes) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike). The foursome joins Dianna Agron, whose appearance has been reduced to only a handful of episodes in season 4. They all, however, may still return as occasional guest stars.
Salling, Riley, Agron and Shum Jr.'s characters were among those who graduated from McKinley High at the end of season 3, but the show's writers still found ways to insert them in season 4's storylines. Meanwhile, Morris' Brittany has been accepted to MIT last season. The actress' pregnancy has been reported as a reason why she won't be available to join the months-long production for next season.
Lea Michele tweeted photo of "Glee" season 5's cast:
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'