Four Original 'Glee' Cast Members Won't Return in Season 5
Another graduation means more familiar characters leave McKinley High on "Glee". TVLine has learned that at least four original cast members won't return as series regulars in the upcoming season 5.
They are Heather Morris (Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Amber Riley (Mercedes) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike). The foursome joins Dianna Agron, whose appearance has been reduced to only a handful of episodes in season 4. They all, however, may still return as occasional guest stars.
Salling, Riley, Agron and Shum Jr.'s characters were among those who graduated from McKinley High at the end of season 3, but the show's writers still found ways to insert them in season 4's storylines. Meanwhile, Morris' Brittany has been accepted to MIT last season. The actress' pregnancy has been reported as a reason why she won't be available to join the months-long production for next season.
Lea Michele tweeted photo of "Glee" season 5's cast:
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group