Four Original 'Glee' Cast Members Won't Return in Season 5
Another graduation means more familiar characters leave McKinley High on "Glee". TVLine has learned that at least four original cast members won't return as series regulars in the upcoming season 5.
They are Heather Morris (Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Amber Riley (Mercedes) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike). The foursome joins Dianna Agron, whose appearance has been reduced to only a handful of episodes in season 4. They all, however, may still return as occasional guest stars.
Salling, Riley, Agron and Shum Jr.'s characters were among those who graduated from McKinley High at the end of season 3, but the show's writers still found ways to insert them in season 4's storylines. Meanwhile, Morris' Brittany has been accepted to MIT last season. The actress' pregnancy has been reported as a reason why she won't be available to join the months-long production for next season.
Lea Michele tweeted photo of "Glee" season 5's cast:
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?