Four Original 'Glee' Cast Members Won't Return in Season 5
Another graduation means more familiar characters leave McKinley High on "Glee". TVLine has learned that at least four original cast members won't return as series regulars in the upcoming season 5.
They are Heather Morris (Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Amber Riley (Mercedes) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike). The foursome joins Dianna Agron, whose appearance has been reduced to only a handful of episodes in season 4. They all, however, may still return as occasional guest stars.
Salling, Riley, Agron and Shum Jr.'s characters were among those who graduated from McKinley High at the end of season 3, but the show's writers still found ways to insert them in season 4's storylines. Meanwhile, Morris' Brittany has been accepted to MIT last season. The actress' pregnancy has been reported as a reason why she won't be available to join the months-long production for next season.
Lea Michele tweeted photo of "Glee" season 5's cast:
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2