Ludacris Gets Sued Over 'Sex Room' Lyrics
It's been years since Ludacris released the song "Sex Room" featuring Trey Songz back in 2010, but that did not stop a Chicago rapper named Marvo from filing a lawsuit against the Grammy Award-winning rapper and actor for allegedly stealing his original concept. Marvo is suing for a yet unspecified amount which most likely will include unpaid royalties.
In the lawsuit, Marvo claims that he worked on the original composition back in 2009 with producer Kajun, who supposedly sold his song to Ludacris without his knowledge. Apart from changing some parts of the original, Ludacris was said to have kept most of the original lyrics, particularly some written by Marvo such as "welcome to my sex room" and "it's a private party."
"Sex Room" was recorded by Ludacris for his seventh studio album "Battle of the Sexes" and was released as the album's third single. Although Kajun is officially credited as the track's producer, Christopher Bridges and Tremaine Neverson are listed as its writers.
Prior to this latest legal hitch, Ludacris has had his share of controversies over song lyrics, most recent of which was over his 2008 "The Preview" mixtape track "Politics As Usual", where he criticized more than a few prominent political figures like Jesse Jackson, John McCain, George W. Bush and Hillary Clinton. A few more years back in 2002, his lyrics compelled political commentator Bill O'Reilly to call for a boycott of Pepsi products for having Ludacris as an endorser.
More Ludacris News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role