Mumford and Sons Sets New Dates for Postponed Shows
Following the emergency surgery undergone by their bassist Ted Dwane a couple of weeks ago to remove the blood clot in his brain, English folk rock band Mumford & Sons has rescheduled the tour dates they previously postponed due to the health scare. Aside from their own concerts, the Grammy-winning group was also forced to skip their headlining gig at the recently-concluded 2013 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee, where Jack Johnson filled in for them.
"Firstly, we are pleased to report that our beloved Ted is making a steady recovery from his operation and wearing his newly acquired shaven-headed hairstyle with enviable levels of suave," the Marcus Mumford-fronted band wrote on their website. "A huge, huge thank you to all for your messages of support; the man himself is rather overwhelmed. Secondly, on a related note, we can now confirm details of the rescheduled dates for the recently canceled U.S. shows."
Those four new dates are the September 16 show at Mardi Gras World in New Orleans, followed by two gigs in Texas, September 17 in Cynthia Wood Pavilion in Woodlands and September 18 in GEXA Energy Pavilion in Dallas. Then the quartet skips a day to travel to Bonner Springs in Kansas for their September 20 concert at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre.
The rescheduled shows will come after the band has completed the rest of their North American "The Full English" tour which kicks off on August 26 in Toronto. They will be playing a total of nine shows until September 11 across the U.S. Prior to that, they will first be headlining the 2013 Glastonbury Festival later this week.
Mumford & Sons' "The Full English" North America tour:
- 8/26 Toronto, ON - Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
- 8/28 Queens, NY - Forest Hills Stadium
- 8/29 Burgettstown, PA - First Niagara Pavilion
- 9/02 Noblesville, IN - Klipsch Music Center
- 9/03 Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Amphitheater
- 9/04 St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
- 9/09 Pelham, AL - Oak Mountain Amphitheatre
- 9/10 Atlanta, GA - Centennial Olympic Park
- 9/11 Simpsonville, SC - Charter Amphitheatre
- 9/16 New Orleans, LA - Mardi Gras World
- 9/17 Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Pavilion
- 9/18 Dallas, TX - GEXA Energy Pavilion
- 9/20 Bonner Springs, KS - Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre Stopover
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group