Stephen Colbert's Mom Passes Away at 92
"The Colbert Report" aired a replay on Thursday, June 13 as its host, comedian Stephen Colbert, grieved the loss of his mother, Lorna Elizabeth Tuck Colbert, who passed away on Wednesday at the age of 92. Colbert had previously suspended his TV comedy-talk show when his mom first began to fall ill back in February 2012.
When Colbert, the youngest among 11 of Mrs. Colbert's children, returned after checking in on his mother's failing health, he remarked, "Evidently, having 11 children makes you tough as nails. Confidential to a lovely lady." Among the ten other Colbert siblings, Mrs. Colbert's other prominent child is her daughter Elizabeth Colbert Busch, a former congressional candidate and also a comic like Stephen.
According to her obituary, Mrs. Colbert, who was born in November 6, 1920, in Larchmont, New York, was not only a mother to 11 children but was in fact a matriarch to a large family of 82. She was "an accomplished artist, a church leader, a businesswoman, a supporter of the arts and a woman whose profound faith was apparent in her daily life."
Mrs. Colbert had survived to outlive her husband and two of his sons who all died in a plane crash that happened many years ago in 1974. Instead of flowers, the Colbert family has requested for donations to be made to the Medical University of South Carolina Foundation in her honor.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof