Stephen Colbert's Mom Passes Away at 92
"The Colbert Report" aired a replay on Thursday, June 13 as its host, comedian Stephen Colbert, grieved the loss of his mother, Lorna Elizabeth Tuck Colbert, who passed away on Wednesday at the age of 92. Colbert had previously suspended his TV comedy-talk show when his mom first began to fall ill back in February 2012.
When Colbert, the youngest among 11 of Mrs. Colbert's children, returned after checking in on his mother's failing health, he remarked, "Evidently, having 11 children makes you tough as nails. Confidential to a lovely lady." Among the ten other Colbert siblings, Mrs. Colbert's other prominent child is her daughter Elizabeth Colbert Busch, a former congressional candidate and also a comic like Stephen.
According to her obituary, Mrs. Colbert, who was born in November 6, 1920, in Larchmont, New York, was not only a mother to 11 children but was in fact a matriarch to a large family of 82. She was "an accomplished artist, a church leader, a businesswoman, a supporter of the arts and a woman whose profound faith was apparent in her daily life."
Mrs. Colbert had survived to outlive her husband and two of his sons who all died in a plane crash that happened many years ago in 1974. Instead of flowers, the Colbert family has requested for donations to be made to the Medical University of South Carolina Foundation in her honor.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans