NBC Confirms Dan Harmon and Chris McKenna's Return to 'Community'
The deal is finally sealed. NBC has officially announced that "Community" creator Dan Harmon will return as showrunner/executive producer with Chris McKenna as co-executive producer for the upcoming fifth season of the comedy series.
Harmon has been talking about his return since last weekend. "Yes yes yes! I'm back I'm back I'm back. You can thank @joelmchale," he tweeted on Saturday, June 1. "Here are my 'deal breakers' coming back to Community: Rhonda Robinson on props. Denise Pizzini on design. Ruthie Aslan in post. Tell Sony."
Later at L.A.'s Silent Movie Theatre, where he was co-hosting an event, he revealed that he was "going back to run 'Community' along with, as my co-showrunner, the hands-down best writer of all the seasons, Chris McKenna." He also said that he had "not seen the fourth season yet."
Harmon was forced to leave his post on "Community" in May 2012 following a spat with star Chevy Chase. He was replaced as showrunner by David Guarascio and Moses Port in season 4. Chase, who played Pierce Hawthorne, quit the series in the middle of season 4 production.
NBC has renewed the sitcom for a 13-episode fifth season. Rumor has it, it will be the last installment for the cult comedy series.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser