Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' for Season 6
"Nurse Jackie" will return for another season. Showtime has picked up the comedy series for a sixth installment with Clyde Phillips returning as the showrunner after he began taking over the duty from co-creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius in the fifth season.
" 'Nurse Jackie' is an essential part of the Showtime brand, and we are thrilled with the series' growth in its fifth season," Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins says when announcing the renewal. "Under the new leadership of Clyde Phillips, and with an amazing cast led by Edie Falco, this show is as sharp and compelling and entertaining as ever. I'm excited to get to see the next chapter in Jackie's life."
"Nurse Jackie" will air its fifth season finale on Sunday, June 16 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. The current installment is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers across platforms, up 10% from season 4.
This good news must be bringing relief among "Nurse Jackie" fans since Showtime recently decided to pull down the curtain on its two comedy series, "Weeds" and "The Big C".
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern