Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' for Season 6
"Nurse Jackie" will return for another season. Showtime has picked up the comedy series for a sixth installment with Clyde Phillips returning as the showrunner after he began taking over the duty from co-creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius in the fifth season.
" 'Nurse Jackie' is an essential part of the Showtime brand, and we are thrilled with the series' growth in its fifth season," Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins says when announcing the renewal. "Under the new leadership of Clyde Phillips, and with an amazing cast led by Edie Falco, this show is as sharp and compelling and entertaining as ever. I'm excited to get to see the next chapter in Jackie's life."
"Nurse Jackie" will air its fifth season finale on Sunday, June 16 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. The current installment is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers across platforms, up 10% from season 4.
This good news must be bringing relief among "Nurse Jackie" fans since Showtime recently decided to pull down the curtain on its two comedy series, "Weeds" and "The Big C".
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease