Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' for Season 6
"Nurse Jackie" will return for another season. Showtime has picked up the comedy series for a sixth installment with Clyde Phillips returning as the showrunner after he began taking over the duty from co-creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius in the fifth season.
" 'Nurse Jackie' is an essential part of the Showtime brand, and we are thrilled with the series' growth in its fifth season," Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins says when announcing the renewal. "Under the new leadership of Clyde Phillips, and with an amazing cast led by Edie Falco, this show is as sharp and compelling and entertaining as ever. I'm excited to get to see the next chapter in Jackie's life."
"Nurse Jackie" will air its fifth season finale on Sunday, June 16 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. The current installment is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers across platforms, up 10% from season 4.
This good news must be bringing relief among "Nurse Jackie" fans since Showtime recently decided to pull down the curtain on its two comedy series, "Weeds" and "The Big C".
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off