Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' for Season 6
"Nurse Jackie" will return for another season. Showtime has picked up the comedy series for a sixth installment with Clyde Phillips returning as the showrunner after he began taking over the duty from co-creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius in the fifth season.
" 'Nurse Jackie' is an essential part of the Showtime brand, and we are thrilled with the series' growth in its fifth season," Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins says when announcing the renewal. "Under the new leadership of Clyde Phillips, and with an amazing cast led by Edie Falco, this show is as sharp and compelling and entertaining as ever. I'm excited to get to see the next chapter in Jackie's life."
"Nurse Jackie" will air its fifth season finale on Sunday, June 16 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. The current installment is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers across platforms, up 10% from season 4.
This good news must be bringing relief among "Nurse Jackie" fans since Showtime recently decided to pull down the curtain on its two comedy series, "Weeds" and "The Big C".
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune