Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' for Season 6
"Nurse Jackie" will return for another season. Showtime has picked up the comedy series for a sixth installment with Clyde Phillips returning as the showrunner after he began taking over the duty from co-creators Linda Wallem and Liz Brixius in the fifth season.
" 'Nurse Jackie' is an essential part of the Showtime brand, and we are thrilled with the series' growth in its fifth season," Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins says when announcing the renewal. "Under the new leadership of Clyde Phillips, and with an amazing cast led by Edie Falco, this show is as sharp and compelling and entertaining as ever. I'm excited to get to see the next chapter in Jackie's life."
"Nurse Jackie" will air its fifth season finale on Sunday, June 16 at 9 P.M. ET/PT. The current installment is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers across platforms, up 10% from season 4.
This good news must be bringing relief among "Nurse Jackie" fans since Showtime recently decided to pull down the curtain on its two comedy series, "Weeds" and "The Big C".
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group