Lena Dunham Explains Why She's Ticked Off With 'Girls' Porn Parody
While comedians often do a spoof to show their honor to others' works, Lena Dunham doesn't find it amusing that her show "Girls" gets a porn parody treatment. The creator and star of the high-rated HBO series is upset about the X-rated spoof titled "This Ain't Girls XXX".
"I wish I had a better attitude about the Girls porn parody," the Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actress tweeted on Thursday, May 23 upon learning about the impending arrival of the porn parody. "I really can never predict what will trouble me and it's simply exhausting."
The Hannah Horvath depicter on the comedy show then explained why she "can't just laugh off a porn parody of Girls." She reasoned, "1. Because Girls is, at its core, a feminist action while Hustler is a company that markets and monetizes a male's idea of female sexuality."
"2. Because a big reason I engage in (simulated) onscreen sex is to counteract a skewed idea of that act created by the proliferation of porn," she continued in another post. "3. Because it grosses me out."
The raunchy parody, which will be released by Hustler reportedly within the next few months, follows Hannah who leaves boyfriend Adam and experiments with lesbianism. Adult film star Richie Calhoun, who plays Adam in the porn spoof, said, "I tried to make it as weird as possible. I tried to say really weird things and do really weird positions."
More Girls News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie