Lena Dunham Explains Why She's Ticked Off With 'Girls' Porn Parody
While comedians often do a spoof to show their honor to others' works, Lena Dunham doesn't find it amusing that her show "Girls" gets a porn parody treatment. The creator and star of the high-rated HBO series is upset about the X-rated spoof titled "This Ain't Girls XXX".
"I wish I had a better attitude about the Girls porn parody," the Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning actress tweeted on Thursday, May 23 upon learning about the impending arrival of the porn parody. "I really can never predict what will trouble me and it's simply exhausting."
The Hannah Horvath depicter on the comedy show then explained why she "can't just laugh off a porn parody of Girls." She reasoned, "1. Because Girls is, at its core, a feminist action while Hustler is a company that markets and monetizes a male's idea of female sexuality."
"2. Because a big reason I engage in (simulated) onscreen sex is to counteract a skewed idea of that act created by the proliferation of porn," she continued in another post. "3. Because it grosses me out."
The raunchy parody, which will be released by Hustler reportedly within the next few months, follows Hannah who leaves boyfriend Adam and experiments with lesbianism. Adult film star Richie Calhoun, who plays Adam in the porn spoof, said, "I tried to make it as weird as possible. I tried to say really weird things and do really weird positions."
More Girls News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- Zack Snyder Leaves 'Justice League' Due to Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon Will Take Over the Project
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'