Chris Hemsworth Ready to Trade His Life for Victory in New Trailer for 'Rush'
Chris Hemsworth is hungry for victory as shown in a new trailer for "Rush". Playing F1 legend James Hunt, the actor explains race car drivers' rationale. "There's a lie that all drivers tell themselves. Death is something that happens to other people," he says. "That's how you find the courage to get in the car in the first place. But more powerful than fear itself, is the will to win."
The upcoming film from director Ron Howard and scribe Peter Morgan will be based on the real-life rivalry between the British racer and Niki Lauda, the established champion from Austria who is portrayed by Daniel Bruhl. Both are willing to risk everything to become world champion in a sport with no margin for error.
During a Twitter Q&A, Howard shared fans behind-the-scene stories. Asked how much preparation the leading men did for their roles, the helmer said, "Tons. Accents, reading, viewing interviews and races and learning to drive F1s. Guys wrked their asses off."
Howard also revealed that Lauda, three-time F1 World Champion, once visited the filming location. "Niki only visited 1 day. Didn't have the patience to hang around a film set too long," he said. "But he met me & took Daniel B 2 races."
Olivia Wilde and Alexandra Maria Lara co-star as the racers' love interests in the film, which is set to race to theaters nationwide on September 20.
More Rush News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere