Chris Hemsworth Ready to Trade His Life for Victory in New Trailer for 'Rush'
Chris Hemsworth is hungry for victory as shown in a new trailer for "Rush". Playing F1 legend James Hunt, the actor explains race car drivers' rationale. "There's a lie that all drivers tell themselves. Death is something that happens to other people," he says. "That's how you find the courage to get in the car in the first place. But more powerful than fear itself, is the will to win."
The upcoming film from director Ron Howard and scribe Peter Morgan will be based on the real-life rivalry between the British racer and Niki Lauda, the established champion from Austria who is portrayed by Daniel Bruhl. Both are willing to risk everything to become world champion in a sport with no margin for error.
During a Twitter Q&A, Howard shared fans behind-the-scene stories. Asked how much preparation the leading men did for their roles, the helmer said, "Tons. Accents, reading, viewing interviews and races and learning to drive F1s. Guys wrked their asses off."
Howard also revealed that Lauda, three-time F1 World Champion, once visited the filming location. "Niki only visited 1 day. Didn't have the patience to hang around a film set too long," he said. "But he met me & took Daniel B 2 races."
Olivia Wilde and Alexandra Maria Lara co-star as the racers' love interests in the film, which is set to race to theaters nationwide on September 20.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her