Lil Wayne Still Plans to Release Long Overdue 'Devol' Album
New Orleans rapper Lil Wayne had revealed more than a year ago that he had put together an album of love songs entitled "Devol" but it had to give way to his also delayed "I Am Not A Human Being II". In a new interview, the 30-year-old superstar reaffirmed his intention to release the said LP.
"I do still plan on dropping that. I'm very excited about that album. I know ya'll probably like, 'I don't want to hear no love songs according to [Wayne].' But I'm talented. [Birdman] let me do whatever I want to do, so I'm putting that album out, ya dig," Weezy said in a conversation with MTV's Say Calloway.
The Young Money mogul also confirmed another Big Tymers album on the way, after a long ten-year absence from the music scene following the departure of former Cash Money in-house producer Mannie Fresh. Its co-founder and only remaining original member of the duo Baby, now renamed as Birdman will team up with Weezy and Toronto rapstar Drake to work on the comeback album.
Also in the pipeline is a new collaboration between Weezy and Birdman, following their 2006 project "Like Father, Like Son". The album has produced several hits including "Stuntin' Like My Daddy" and "Leather So Soft" and was also certified gold. As a frequent collaborator, Wayne was featured in Birdman's hits "Pop Bottles", "100 Million" and "I Run This".
More Lil Wayne News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift