Lil Wayne Still Plans to Release Long Overdue 'Devol' Album
New Orleans rapper Lil Wayne had revealed more than a year ago that he had put together an album of love songs entitled "Devol" but it had to give way to his also delayed "I Am Not A Human Being II". In a new interview, the 30-year-old superstar reaffirmed his intention to release the said LP.
"I do still plan on dropping that. I'm very excited about that album. I know ya'll probably like, 'I don't want to hear no love songs according to [Wayne].' But I'm talented. [Birdman] let me do whatever I want to do, so I'm putting that album out, ya dig," Weezy said in a conversation with MTV's Say Calloway.
The Young Money mogul also confirmed another Big Tymers album on the way, after a long ten-year absence from the music scene following the departure of former Cash Money in-house producer Mannie Fresh. Its co-founder and only remaining original member of the duo Baby, now renamed as Birdman will team up with Weezy and Toronto rapstar Drake to work on the comeback album.
Also in the pipeline is a new collaboration between Weezy and Birdman, following their 2006 project "Like Father, Like Son". The album has produced several hits including "Stuntin' Like My Daddy" and "Leather So Soft" and was also certified gold. As a frequent collaborator, Wayne was featured in Birdman's hits "Pop Bottles", "100 Million" and "I Run This".
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen