'Iron Man 3' Helmer Shane Black Attached to Pen and Direct 'Doc Savage'
A legendary hero in 1930s and 1940s pulp magazines will soon jump into actions on big screen. Sony Pictures has chosen Shane Black, the man behind the lens for Marvel's commercially successful "Iron Man 3", to work on "Doc Savage" not only as a director, but also as a co-writer alongside Anthony Bagarozzi and Charles Mondry.
"We couldn't be more excited to be building a franchise from the ground up with Shane and this team," said Columbia production president Hannah Minghella. "Shane and Neal [Neal H. Moritz] have a fantastic understanding of the character and a great take on the material and we can't wait to get this production up and running."
Neal serves as a producer for the project alongside Ori Murmur and Michael Uslan. Sam Dickerman and Lauren Abrahams are on board to oversee the film for the studio with Minghella. No start date has been set yet.
The legendary superhuman is a fictional character created by publisher Henry W. Ralston and editor John L. Nanovic. Also known as The Man of Bronze, Savage is a skilled scientist, physician, adventurer, inventor, explorer and researcher. With outstanding strength, a photographic memory and high intelligence, he fights evil.
Producer and director George Pal first made a big-screen adaptation of it titled "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" in 1975. Starring Ron Ely as the titular character, the film, however, did poorly at the box office.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media