Katherine Heigl and Clive Owen to Star in 'Survivor'
After starring in romantic comedy flicks including "27 Dresses", "The Ugly Truth and "Life as We Know It", Katherine Heigl finally lands a role in an action film. Screen Daily reports that Heigl is set to star opposite "Inside Man" actor Clive Owen in an action film project titled "Survivor".
The film centers on an American woman who is working for the U.S. State Department in London. When her offices are bombed, she as the lone survivor finds herself caught up in a conspiratorial plot and ends up becoming a fugitive from the law. She only has until New Year's Eve to clear her name and stop another targeted attack.
Slated to start shooting in July, the upcoming film will be directed by "The Raven" filmmaker James McTeigue, whose credits also include Natalie Portman's "V for Vendetta", Rain's "Ninja Assassin" and Daniel Craig's "The Invasion". Irwin Winkler and Millennium Films, meanwhile, serve as the producers.
Heigl, who met his husband Josh Kelley when starring in his music video "Only You" in 2005, recently starred in star-studded film "The Big Wedding". She will next voice Andie in Open Road Films' upcoming animated film "The Nut Job".
Meanwhile, Owen's next project "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will open in the United States on October 4.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'