Katherine Heigl and Clive Owen to Star in 'Survivor'
After starring in romantic comedy flicks including "27 Dresses", "The Ugly Truth and "Life as We Know It", Katherine Heigl finally lands a role in an action film. Screen Daily reports that Heigl is set to star opposite "Inside Man" actor Clive Owen in an action film project titled "Survivor".
The film centers on an American woman who is working for the U.S. State Department in London. When her offices are bombed, she as the lone survivor finds herself caught up in a conspiratorial plot and ends up becoming a fugitive from the law. She only has until New Year's Eve to clear her name and stop another targeted attack.
Slated to start shooting in July, the upcoming film will be directed by "The Raven" filmmaker James McTeigue, whose credits also include Natalie Portman's "V for Vendetta", Rain's "Ninja Assassin" and Daniel Craig's "The Invasion". Irwin Winkler and Millennium Films, meanwhile, serve as the producers.
Heigl, who met his husband Josh Kelley when starring in his music video "Only You" in 2005, recently starred in star-studded film "The Big Wedding". She will next voice Andie in Open Road Films' upcoming animated film "The Nut Job".
Meanwhile, Owen's next project "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will open in the United States on October 4.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers