Video: Matt Lauer Learns 'Gentleman' Dance From PSY on 'Today'
Matt Lauer didn't waste time to ask PSY to teach him how to dance to "Gentleman" when the South Korean singer stopped by "Today" show on Friday, May 3. Lauer made his co-anchors laugh when he did an "arrogant" move, which involves a swaying of the hips, with one hand positioned under his chin.
Lauer even donned PSY's goofy sunglasses to show his funny side when doing another move from the "Gentleman" dance. The YouTube sensation later got other "Today" anchors, including Al Roker and David Gregory, bust out their best moves when he sang his international hit "Gangnam Style".
Just a night before, Lauer revealed that he had a no-dance policy following an advice from colleague Bryant Gumbel. "I made a vow years ago," he told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show". "Bryant Gumbel told me, 'Don't sing and don't dance on the show.' " He, however, said that he would break the rule when PSY would guest on his show.
Also on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", Lauer explained how he's holding up while facing the "Today" show drama. "It's been an interesting year; no question about it," he claimed, "I am not a guy who complains. I'm the luckiest guy. I love this job. I really do."
Matt Lauer learns "Gentleman" dance on "Today":
Matt Lauer on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video