Video: Matt Lauer Learns 'Gentleman' Dance From PSY on 'Today'
Matt Lauer didn't waste time to ask PSY to teach him how to dance to "Gentleman" when the South Korean singer stopped by "Today" show on Friday, May 3. Lauer made his co-anchors laugh when he did an "arrogant" move, which involves a swaying of the hips, with one hand positioned under his chin.
Lauer even donned PSY's goofy sunglasses to show his funny side when doing another move from the "Gentleman" dance. The YouTube sensation later got other "Today" anchors, including Al Roker and David Gregory, bust out their best moves when he sang his international hit "Gangnam Style".
Just a night before, Lauer revealed that he had a no-dance policy following an advice from colleague Bryant Gumbel. "I made a vow years ago," he told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show". "Bryant Gumbel told me, 'Don't sing and don't dance on the show.' " He, however, said that he would break the rule when PSY would guest on his show.
Also on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", Lauer explained how he's holding up while facing the "Today" show drama. "It's been an interesting year; no question about it," he claimed, "I am not a guy who complains. I'm the luckiest guy. I love this job. I really do."
Matt Lauer learns "Gentleman" dance on "Today":
Matt Lauer on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues