Video: Matt Lauer Learns 'Gentleman' Dance From PSY on 'Today'
Matt Lauer didn't waste time to ask PSY to teach him how to dance to "Gentleman" when the South Korean singer stopped by "Today" show on Friday, May 3. Lauer made his co-anchors laugh when he did an "arrogant" move, which involves a swaying of the hips, with one hand positioned under his chin.
Lauer even donned PSY's goofy sunglasses to show his funny side when doing another move from the "Gentleman" dance. The YouTube sensation later got other "Today" anchors, including Al Roker and David Gregory, bust out their best moves when he sang his international hit "Gangnam Style".
Just a night before, Lauer revealed that he had a no-dance policy following an advice from colleague Bryant Gumbel. "I made a vow years ago," he told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show". "Bryant Gumbel told me, 'Don't sing and don't dance on the show.' " He, however, said that he would break the rule when PSY would guest on his show.
Also on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", Lauer explained how he's holding up while facing the "Today" show drama. "It's been an interesting year; no question about it," he claimed, "I am not a guy who complains. I'm the luckiest guy. I love this job. I really do."
Matt Lauer learns "Gentleman" dance on "Today":
Matt Lauer on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist