Video: Matt Lauer Learns 'Gentleman' Dance From PSY on 'Today'
Matt Lauer didn't waste time to ask PSY to teach him how to dance to "Gentleman" when the South Korean singer stopped by "Today" show on Friday, May 3. Lauer made his co-anchors laugh when he did an "arrogant" move, which involves a swaying of the hips, with one hand positioned under his chin.
Lauer even donned PSY's goofy sunglasses to show his funny side when doing another move from the "Gentleman" dance. The YouTube sensation later got other "Today" anchors, including Al Roker and David Gregory, bust out their best moves when he sang his international hit "Gangnam Style".
Just a night before, Lauer revealed that he had a no-dance policy following an advice from colleague Bryant Gumbel. "I made a vow years ago," he told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show". "Bryant Gumbel told me, 'Don't sing and don't dance on the show.' " He, however, said that he would break the rule when PSY would guest on his show.
Also on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", Lauer explained how he's holding up while facing the "Today" show drama. "It's been an interesting year; no question about it," he claimed, "I am not a guy who complains. I'm the luckiest guy. I love this job. I really do."
Matt Lauer learns "Gentleman" dance on "Today":
Matt Lauer on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno":
More Today News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris