Lily Collins Set to Star in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is now officially reincarnated following the departure of several directors and its leading actress. After "Charlie St. Cloud" helmer Burr Steers has agreed to serve behind the lens for the film, Lily Collins is now reportedly attached to take the lead role, which was left by Natalie Portman due to scheduling conflicts.
In the big screen adaptation of Seth Grahame Smith's mash-up novel, the Young Hollywood Award-winning actress is tapped to play Elizabeth Benner. The tale itself centers on the tangled relationships between lovers from different social classes in 19th century England who are faced with a new challenge, an army of undead zombies.
In December 2009, the project was initially set to feature Portman as the leading actress with David O. Russell to direct the film. However, Russell later quit due to budgetary issues with Lionsgate, the studio which has the book's rights. Since then, several names of directors were mentioned in the mix until Steers finally took over the gig.
Portman still gets involved in the project as the producer alongside Annette Savitch, Richard Kelly and Sean McKittrick. Panorama will produce and finance the project, which will be sold at Cannes.
Collins, the daughter of British rock star Phil Collins, will next be seen as Halle Anderson in "The English Teacher" and as Clary Fray in "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones".
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards