'American Idol' Reveals Top 3 as Amber Holcomb Is Sent Home
After getting through a week without elimination, one great talent was sent home on "American Idol" Thursday night, May 2. "We know that one of us is going home this week, so there's a lot of pressure," Kree Harrison said as the Top 3 would be revealed.
"Aside from the finale, this is the toughest cut of the season," Ryan Seacrest also said of the imminent elimination. He later added, "We've got no more saves, no more second chances," as Randy Jackson admitted, "It's hard to say, because I love them all so very much."
After some musical performances, including the final four's cover of "Crazy in Love", Ryan announced who got the boot. "We have to say goodbye to the beautiful and talented Amber [Holcomb] tonight," he revealed.
This means Angie Miller, Candice Glover and Kree are in the Top 3. Amber, meanwhile, sang Whitney Houston's "I Believe in You and Me" as her goodbye song.
Also taking the stage that night were David Cook, Harry Connick Jr., and will.i.am. The season 7 champion sang his new single "Laying Me Low". Harry, who mentored the finalists this week, belted out "Every Man Should Know", and will.i.am. performed "Bang Bang", which is included in "The Great Gatsby" film soundtrack.
More American Idol News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media