Michael Buble Lands Fourth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200
With a very convincing 195,000 copies sold in its debut, Michael Buble's "To Be Loved" beats Fantasia Barrino's "Side Effects of You" to the top spot in the Billboard 200 albums chart this week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. "To Be Loved" becomes Buble's fourth No. 1 album, following in the footsteps of his 2011 "Christmas" album, his 2009 chart-topper "Crazy Love" and his 2007 LP "Call Me Irresponsible".
Settling for the runner-up spot, Fantasia's fourth studio album "Side Effects of You" is the second debut to perform impressively in the chart this week, scoring 91,000 copies. Although it matches her "Back to Me" album's No. 2 debut back in 2010, it marks the smallest opening week sales for the "American Idol" season three champion.
With its 74,000 units sales, Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" keeps steady at No. 3 for the third straight week, after dominating the charts at No. 1 for three consecutive weeks prior. Alternative rock band Phoenix arrives in the top ten at No. 4 with the 50,000 opening week sales of their new album "Bankrupt!".
Last week's No. 1 album, Fall Out Boy's "Save Rock and Roll", falls to No. 5, down by a whopping 76% with only 36,000 compared to its 156,000 debut the previous week. Blake Shelton's "Based on a True Story..." also moves down from No. 4 to No. 6, down 16% with an almost identical 36,000 units posted this week.
The two other debuts that complete the five new albums in the chart this week come by way of Rob Zombie's "Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor" which lands on No. 7 with 34,000 and will.i.am's "#willpower" which ends on the ninth spot with 29,000. Sandwiched in between the two is Kid Cudi, falling six places down from No. 2 to No. 8 with the 77% decline in sales of his "Indicud" album, from its 136,000 debut to its second week's 32,000 output.
Rounding up the top ten is Pink whose "The Truth About Love" remains at No. 10 with just a little below will.i.am's 29,000 moving 3% more than its performance in the previous week.
- Michael Buble - "To Be Loved" (195,000)
- Fantasia Barrino - "Side Effects of You" (91,000)
- Justin Timberlake - "The 20/20 Experience" (74,000)
- Phoenix - "Bankrupt!" (50,000)
- Fall Out Boy - "Save Rock and Roll" (36,000)
- Blake Shelton -"Based on a True Story..." (36,000)
- Rob Zombie - "Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor" (34,000)
- Kid Cudi - "Indicud" (32,000)
- will.i.am - "#willpower" (29,000)
- Pink -"The Truth About Love" (29,000)
More Michael Buble News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl