Ireland Baldwin Hits Back at Haters Who Criticize Her Weight
Ireland Baldwin slammed haters who made awful comments about her weight and parents in a Tumblr post. The 17-year-old girl wrote a lengthy message on the site on Monday, April 29. Ireland, who felt that her similar messages written on Twitter were not heard, said that she received many hateful emails and comments about her being too fat for a model.
"What I don't fully understand, is what is the good in commenting on a photo of a 17 year old girl and calling her fat, ugly, etc? Is that helping you in some way?" she said. Ireland added, "I'm confused. I know girls tend to have nasty things to say about other girls and judging the looks of other girls is only human of us all, but putting that out there is hateful and unhealthy," emphasizing that "if you don't have a complimentary thing to say about someone, keep it to yourself." She explained further that she was not only specifically talking about her photos, but also others'.
In the post, Ireland also revealed that modeling built her confidence. After seeing different people and going to various places, thanks to the modeling job, she felt that she could see herself in "a different light." Modeling helped her with self-esteem and body image issue and made her feel beautiful. However, she also made a point that she was not her beautiful mother's twin sister.
"I AM NOT MY PARENTS," she wrote in the post to address constant comparison to her mother Kim Basinger. "She is 5'9, I am 6'2. She is petite and fragile, and I am fit and more to love. I have a booty, she has a thigh gap. As she emerged from her teen years, she developed an angular face and striking cheekbones. I am still a teen making my way out of my awkward phase," she said.
In regards to her father, who once left a voice mail in 2007, calling her "rude thoughtless little pig," Ireland said that her father made mistake like everyone else, but he "made changes" and "moved on." Therefore, she asked haters to do the same thing.
Ireland concluded, "I am not seeking fame by association. I am proud to be my parents' daughter, but I don't want to forever be known as 'that rude thoughtless little pig' or 'Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger's kid. I have passions and interests of my own that I want to soon give life to. I want to be known for helping others and being a healthy role model."
More Ireland Baldwin News
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos