James Franco Set to Lead and Direct 'The Garden of Last Days'
James Franco just adds another project to his already busy schedule. The Academy Award nominee, who turned 35 years old two weeks ago, is confirmed to be the director as well as the leading actor in "The Garden of Last Days", a film which is adapted from Andre Dubus III's novel of the same name.
Set in Florida in the days before the September 11 attacks, the 2008 novel tells the interweaving stories of several individuals, including a stripper out of options who brings her 3-year-old daughter to work, an angry lonely man who gets thrown out of the club, and a foreigner with an endless supply of cash on the brink of committing a terrifying act.
The film, which is financially backed by Millenium Films, will start its production on July 8 in New York. Gerard Butler serves as the producer alongside Alan Siegel, Danielle Robinson, Vince Jolivette, Miles Levy and Hanna Weg, who also pens the film's script.
Even though the film will take place in the present day, Dubus still fully supports the project by giving his blessing. It is not clear which character Franco will portray.
Recently starring in blockbuster film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and "Spring Breakers", Franco will screen his directorial film "As I Lay Dying" in the Un Certain Regard section at the Cannes Film Festival this May.
Franco will next be seen starring alongside Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill in "This Is the End" on June 12.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up