James Franco Set to Lead and Direct 'The Garden of Last Days'
James Franco just adds another project to his already busy schedule. The Academy Award nominee, who turned 35 years old two weeks ago, is confirmed to be the director as well as the leading actor in "The Garden of Last Days", a film which is adapted from Andre Dubus III's novel of the same name.
Set in Florida in the days before the September 11 attacks, the 2008 novel tells the interweaving stories of several individuals, including a stripper out of options who brings her 3-year-old daughter to work, an angry lonely man who gets thrown out of the club, and a foreigner with an endless supply of cash on the brink of committing a terrifying act.
The film, which is financially backed by Millenium Films, will start its production on July 8 in New York. Gerard Butler serves as the producer alongside Alan Siegel, Danielle Robinson, Vince Jolivette, Miles Levy and Hanna Weg, who also pens the film's script.
Even though the film will take place in the present day, Dubus still fully supports the project by giving his blessing. It is not clear which character Franco will portray.
Recently starring in blockbuster film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and "Spring Breakers", Franco will screen his directorial film "As I Lay Dying" in the Un Certain Regard section at the Cannes Film Festival this May.
Franco will next be seen starring alongside Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill in "This Is the End" on June 12.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics