James Franco Set to Lead and Direct 'The Garden of Last Days'
James Franco just adds another project to his already busy schedule. The Academy Award nominee, who turned 35 years old two weeks ago, is confirmed to be the director as well as the leading actor in "The Garden of Last Days", a film which is adapted from Andre Dubus III's novel of the same name.
Set in Florida in the days before the September 11 attacks, the 2008 novel tells the interweaving stories of several individuals, including a stripper out of options who brings her 3-year-old daughter to work, an angry lonely man who gets thrown out of the club, and a foreigner with an endless supply of cash on the brink of committing a terrifying act.
The film, which is financially backed by Millenium Films, will start its production on July 8 in New York. Gerard Butler serves as the producer alongside Alan Siegel, Danielle Robinson, Vince Jolivette, Miles Levy and Hanna Weg, who also pens the film's script.
Even though the film will take place in the present day, Dubus still fully supports the project by giving his blessing. It is not clear which character Franco will portray.
Recently starring in blockbuster film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" and "Spring Breakers", Franco will screen his directorial film "As I Lay Dying" in the Un Certain Regard section at the Cannes Film Festival this May.
Franco will next be seen starring alongside Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill in "This Is the End" on June 12.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie