Gabourey Sidibe Added to 'American Horror Story: Coven'
Ryan Murphy has recruited another great talent for "American Horror Story: Coven". Gabourey Sidibe, who was nominated for Best Actress at the 82nd Academy Awards for her role in 2009's "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", is confirmed to star in the upcoming third season of the FX series.
"Thrilled to announce Oscar nominee Gabourey Sidibe is joining the cast of 'American Horror Story: Coven'," series creator Murphy announced the casting via his Twitter. There's still no word on the role she will play on the Emmy-nominated show.
Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, Sarah Paulson and Taissa Farmiga have been previously confirmed to star in the third season. The witches-themed story is said to be "more historical in nature."
The new season will be shot in three different cities in the country, including New Orleans. Murphy once teased that the next chapter would feature a female monster, who is in the vein of Rubber Man of season 1 and Bloody Face of season 2.
Sidibe is currently starring on Laura Linney-starring series "The Big C", which aired the first of its final four episodes on Monday, April 29. She plays Andrea, an aspiring fashion student on the Showtime drama-comedy show.
More American Horror Story News
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her