Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera and More Added to Billboard Music Awards Lineup
Pop princess Selena Gomez, Miami rapper Pitbull and his "Feel This Moment" collaborator Christina Aguilera, as well as the rap duo of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have all been confirmed to perform for the May 19 ceremony of the 2013 Billboard Music Awards to be staged live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Also joining the star-studded lineup are country music acts The Band Perry and Kacey Musgraves.
Fellow performer Taylor Swift bagged the most nominations this year, getting 11 nods in all, along with other top vote getters Maroon 5 and Fun.. Other top acts getting multiple nominations in several different categories include Rihanna with 10, one of which is for the Top Artist Award, Carly Rae Jepsen with 9, most of them due to her viral monster hit "Call Me Maybe", and One Direction with 8, who is up for the Top New Artist title.
Pitbull and The Band Perry are likewise both competing with previously announced performers Swift, Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars and Miguel, for this year's Milestone Award, which will be given to the fan favorite who gets the most votes online. A lucky fan will get the chance to present the award personally to the winning artist along with co-presenter Cee-Lo Green.
Also performing at the celebrity-filled night is music icon Prince, who will be honored with the Billboard Icon Award during the telecast. The multi-awarded singer-songwriter will be the third recipient of the said award first given to last year's honoree Stevie Wonder and its first-ever recipient Neil Diamond.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters