Elton John Picks Lady GaGa as Godmother to His Second Son
Elton John and partner David Furnish apparently are so impressed with what Lady GaGa has done to their first son Zachary that they ask her to be the godmother of their second son Elijah. John, who welcomed Elijah in January via surrogate mother, told Extra on Thursday, April 25, that GaGa was a great person to his children.
"She's a great role model, she's young, [and] she's been a great godmother to Zachary," John said. Speaking of the "Born This Way" singer, he added, "We're all bonkers in this business, but we're human beings at the same time."
John recalled the moment when GaGa was going to bathe Zachary in Las Vegas. He said, "She was already dressed to go to the show, and she was sitting there and she bathed him, and she was like dressed like Audrey Hepburn... and she fed him."
John and Furnish also told Extra that having children changed their view about life. "You learn so much about yourself and about life by seeing children," Furnish said. John added, "I love getting up in the morning and having breakfast with Zachary. Everything I thought I would find annoying about having children, like screaming and shouting and tantrums... I don't find any of it annoying. I find it all enchanting."
"There's a real simple person under there who loves her parents," John told Barbara Walters about GaGa in 2011. Furnish added that their son would learn a lot from the "Paparazzi" singer, saying, "Zachary's going to inherit an incredible musical legacy from his father one day, and she will be a good person to guide him through the ins and outs of the music business, 'cause she sure knows everything about the business now."
More Elton John News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two