Jason Aldean and Wife Split Following Cheating Scandal
Months after he was spotted kissing with "American Idol" alum Brittany Kerr, country singer Jason Aldean has reportedly separated from his wife, Jessica Ussery, according to Us Weekly. An insider confirmed the split and told the site that the couple had been living separately since January.
Noting that Jessica didn't attend ACM Awards with Jason earlier this month, the insider said, "There were obvious problems before the bar kiss, but [Jason] finally left earlier this year." A representative for Jason also confirmed that the "Don't You Wanna Stay" singer's marriage to Jessica was indeed on the rock.
"I can confirm that Jason and his wife are having problems, but there is nothing more to share with the press at this time," the rep responded to the news, but declined to give further details. "It's a private family matter, and we hope everyone will respect that he would like to keep it that way."
Last September, Jason, who has been married to Jessica for 11 years, was photographed kissing Brittany at a bar in West Hollywood. He later released an apology statement via WhoSay. Admitting that he "had too much to drink" and "acted inappropriately at a bar," he wrote, "I ultimately ended up embarrassing my family and myself. I'm not perfect, and I'm sorry for disappointing you guys. I really appreciate being able to work through this privately with my family and for all your continued support."
In November, Jason and Jessica appeared together on CBS' "This Morning". Addressing the kissing incident, the father of Keeley and Kendyl Aldean said, "Any time you go through anything like that, it's tough." Saying that the incident was a learning process, he added, "[His marriage to Jessica] hasn't always been roses. We've been together for a long time and through a lot of things together."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen