Bishop and Warpath Confirmed to Appear in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Director Bryan Singer finally unveiled two new characters that will be featured in the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past". From a Vine video Singer posted on Twitter, fans can learn that Lucas Bishop and Warpath are the new mutants they will get to see in the film.
Bishop is a mutant from a post-apocalyptic future who can travel back through time and absorb energy, while Warpath is an Apache Native American with the mutant abilities of strength and speed. It is predicted that Omar Sy will portray Bishop and Booboo Stewart, who is the only Native American actor in the cast ensemble, is likely to play Warpath.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Currently in production, the film also stars James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Ellen Page and Halle Berry. Fan Bing Bing is confirmed to be Blink, while Adan Canto might play either Brazilian mutant Roberto da Costa a.k.a. Sunspot or Japanese mutant Shiro Yoshida a.k.a. Sunfire.
The Marvel film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 18, 2014.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal