Bishop and Warpath Confirmed to Appear in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Director Bryan Singer finally unveiled two new characters that will be featured in the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past". From a Vine video Singer posted on Twitter, fans can learn that Lucas Bishop and Warpath are the new mutants they will get to see in the film.
Bishop is a mutant from a post-apocalyptic future who can travel back through time and absorb energy, while Warpath is an Apache Native American with the mutant abilities of strength and speed. It is predicted that Omar Sy will portray Bishop and Booboo Stewart, who is the only Native American actor in the cast ensemble, is likely to play Warpath.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Currently in production, the film also stars James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Ellen Page and Halle Berry. Fan Bing Bing is confirmed to be Blink, while Adan Canto might play either Brazilian mutant Roberto da Costa a.k.a. Sunspot or Japanese mutant Shiro Yoshida a.k.a. Sunfire.
The Marvel film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 18, 2014.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle