Bishop and Warpath Confirmed to Appear in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Director Bryan Singer finally unveiled two new characters that will be featured in the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past". From a Vine video Singer posted on Twitter, fans can learn that Lucas Bishop and Warpath are the new mutants they will get to see in the film.
Bishop is a mutant from a post-apocalyptic future who can travel back through time and absorb energy, while Warpath is an Apache Native American with the mutant abilities of strength and speed. It is predicted that Omar Sy will portray Bishop and Booboo Stewart, who is the only Native American actor in the cast ensemble, is likely to play Warpath.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Currently in production, the film also stars James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Ellen Page and Halle Berry. Fan Bing Bing is confirmed to be Blink, while Adan Canto might play either Brazilian mutant Roberto da Costa a.k.a. Sunspot or Japanese mutant Shiro Yoshida a.k.a. Sunfire.
The Marvel film is slated to hit U.S. theaters on July 18, 2014.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics