A. J. Clemente Fired for Swearing on His First Day Working as News Anchor
A. J. Clemente didn't only have a bad first day at work, but also the worst as he had to lose his job immediately after he got it. North Dakota's NBC affiliate KFYR-TV who employed A. J. decided to fire him after he said, "F**king s**t," when opening his first-ever broadcast last Sunday, April 21.
A. J.'s co-anchor Van Tieu kept herself calm and tried to ignore the fact that her co-anchor just swore on live broadcast. She asked him to introduce himself and he began to tell viewers his background, saying he is a graduate of West Virginia University and added, "I'm used to, you know, from being from the East Coast."
Responding to the incident, Monica Hannan, KFYR-TV News Director, posted an apology statement on Facebook. She wrote, "I want to apologize for an incident that occurred prior to our early newscast this evening, when one of our employees used profanity on the air."
"He did not realize his microphone was on, but still, that's no excuse. WE train our reporters to always assume that any microphone is live at any time... We can't take back what was said," she continued and said that A. J. was suspended for the case. "All we can do at this point is ask for your forgiveness, and I can offer my personal assurance that I will do my best to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again under my watch."
While a lot of the viewers said that they had no problems with A. J.'s swearing incident, KFYR-TV didn't think so. On Monday, April 22, A. J. himself confirmed that he was fired. He posted on Twitter, "Unfortunately KFYRTV has decided to let me go. Thank you to them and everyone in ND for the opportunity and everyone for the support."
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'