First Look at Halle Berry's Storm in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Director Bryan Singer builds the anticipation of his upcoming film "X-Men: Days of Future Past" by sharing a picture of Halle Berry, who is expecting her first child with fiance Olivier Martinez, as Storm. Posted on Singer's Twitter account, the shot features the 46-year-old actress in her all-black costume that perfectly conceals her baby bump.
For the role, Berry rocks short silver hair and dons rugged leather costume, completed with cape or wings to enable the weather-manipulating character to fly and travel at the speed of wind. Unlike the previous Storm costumes, the new one does not have the "X" insignia on both the belt and collar.
Singer previously took to Twitter to reveal the first look at other characters in the film. Pics of Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Patrick Stewart as older Charles Xavier and Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake/Iceman were shared by the 47-year-old director.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Singer has recently added Adan Canto in the cast ensemble, which has been filled with A-list names, including James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender and Ellen Page. The Marvel film will hit U.S. theaters on July 18, 2014.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere