'60 Minutes' and '48 Hours' Twitter Accounts Suspended After Being Hacked
Several CBS Twitter accounts have been hijacked and were used to send bogus messages. On Saturday, a tweet posted on "60 Minutes" account read, "Exclusive: Terror is striking the #USA and #Obama is Shamelessly in Bed with Al-Qaeda," and was retweeted on "48 Hours" feed.
Other tweets posted by the hacker(s) were about Syrian propaganda. "the US government is sponsoring a coup in Venezuela and a terrorist war in Syria," and "Obama wants to destroy the Syrian and American people. We must stop this beast" were some of other fake messages posted on "60 Minutes" account.
CBS has confirmed that their accounts were compromised. "We have experienced problems on Twitter accounts of #60Minutes & @48Hours; We apologize for the inconvenience; Twitter is resolving issues," it tweeted from CBS News account.
By Saturday afternoon, CBS regained the control on both "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" Twitter accounts, and the fake messages were removed. Hours later, however, the accounts were compromised again and are currently suspended.
While CBS is still working with Twitter to investigate the issue, some believe that the Syrian Electronic Army is responsible for taking over CBS feeds. Previously, the same group hacked the Twitter accounts for BBC, NPR, and Reuters.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie