'60 Minutes' and '48 Hours' Twitter Accounts Suspended After Being Hacked
Several CBS Twitter accounts have been hijacked and were used to send bogus messages. On Saturday, a tweet posted on "60 Minutes" account read, "Exclusive: Terror is striking the #USA and #Obama is Shamelessly in Bed with Al-Qaeda," and was retweeted on "48 Hours" feed.
Other tweets posted by the hacker(s) were about Syrian propaganda. "the US government is sponsoring a coup in Venezuela and a terrorist war in Syria," and "Obama wants to destroy the Syrian and American people. We must stop this beast" were some of other fake messages posted on "60 Minutes" account.
CBS has confirmed that their accounts were compromised. "We have experienced problems on Twitter accounts of #60Minutes & @48Hours; We apologize for the inconvenience; Twitter is resolving issues," it tweeted from CBS News account.
By Saturday afternoon, CBS regained the control on both "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" Twitter accounts, and the fake messages were removed. Hours later, however, the accounts were compromised again and are currently suspended.
While CBS is still working with Twitter to investigate the issue, some believe that the Syrian Electronic Army is responsible for taking over CBS feeds. Previously, the same group hacked the Twitter accounts for BBC, NPR, and Reuters.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'