'60 Minutes' and '48 Hours' Twitter Accounts Suspended After Being Hacked
Several CBS Twitter accounts have been hijacked and were used to send bogus messages. On Saturday, a tweet posted on "60 Minutes" account read, "Exclusive: Terror is striking the #USA and #Obama is Shamelessly in Bed with Al-Qaeda," and was retweeted on "48 Hours" feed.
Other tweets posted by the hacker(s) were about Syrian propaganda. "the US government is sponsoring a coup in Venezuela and a terrorist war in Syria," and "Obama wants to destroy the Syrian and American people. We must stop this beast" were some of other fake messages posted on "60 Minutes" account.
CBS has confirmed that their accounts were compromised. "We have experienced problems on Twitter accounts of #60Minutes & @48Hours; We apologize for the inconvenience; Twitter is resolving issues," it tweeted from CBS News account.
By Saturday afternoon, CBS regained the control on both "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" Twitter accounts, and the fake messages were removed. Hours later, however, the accounts were compromised again and are currently suspended.
While CBS is still working with Twitter to investigate the issue, some believe that the Syrian Electronic Army is responsible for taking over CBS feeds. Previously, the same group hacked the Twitter accounts for BBC, NPR, and Reuters.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC