'60 Minutes' and '48 Hours' Twitter Accounts Suspended After Being Hacked
Several CBS Twitter accounts have been hijacked and were used to send bogus messages. On Saturday, a tweet posted on "60 Minutes" account read, "Exclusive: Terror is striking the #USA and #Obama is Shamelessly in Bed with Al-Qaeda," and was retweeted on "48 Hours" feed.
Other tweets posted by the hacker(s) were about Syrian propaganda. "the US government is sponsoring a coup in Venezuela and a terrorist war in Syria," and "Obama wants to destroy the Syrian and American people. We must stop this beast" were some of other fake messages posted on "60 Minutes" account.
CBS has confirmed that their accounts were compromised. "We have experienced problems on Twitter accounts of #60Minutes & @48Hours; We apologize for the inconvenience; Twitter is resolving issues," it tweeted from CBS News account.
By Saturday afternoon, CBS regained the control on both "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" Twitter accounts, and the fake messages were removed. Hours later, however, the accounts were compromised again and are currently suspended.
While CBS is still working with Twitter to investigate the issue, some believe that the Syrian Electronic Army is responsible for taking over CBS feeds. Previously, the same group hacked the Twitter accounts for BBC, NPR, and Reuters.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017