'American Idol' Announces 2013 Tour Dates
The "American Idol Live! 2013 Tour" hits key cities in North America when it plays out this summer, after the long-running hit TV reality singing competition crowns its new "Idol", who this year is going to be a female, unlike in recent years when a guitar-bearing male contestant always walked away with the win. While the show is in the thick of the Top 5 sing-off, the show's producer, 19 Entertainment, and concert promoter AEG Live have announced the 40 tour stops where fans could catch season 12's finest.
Kicking-off on June 29 at the Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis Missouri, the tour will take season twelve's top singers across the U.S. and Canada for a 40-date live performance engagement. They will get to play in such famed arenas as the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and the Nokia Theatres in Los Angeles throughout the months of July and August before the tour finally ends on August 31 at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.
The tour will feature this season's top ten finalists, headed of course by the dominant female contestants Amber Holcomb, Angie Miller, Candice Glover, Janelle Arthur and Kree Harrison who handily outperformed their five male counterparts Lazaro Arbos, Burnell Taylor, Devin Velez, Paul Jolley and Curtis Finch Jr. in the ongoing finals. "AT&T American Idol Live! Tour Fan Save" winner Aubrey Cleland, who was voted by fans in a face-off with Charlie Askew, will get to join the finalists on tour.
Fans can expect to see their favorite "Idol" contestant in never-before-seen performances as well as in their favorite moments from this season.
American Idol Live! 2013 Tour dates:
- Jun 29 - St. Louis, MO at Chaifetz Arena
- Jun 30 - Kansas City, MO at Sprint Center
- Jul -2 - Minneapolis, MN at Target Center
- Jul 05 - Detroit, IL at Joe Louis Arena
- Jul 06 - Rosemont, IL at Allstate Arena
- Ju 0 8 - Tulsa, OK at BOK Center
- Jul 10 - Broomfield, CO at 1STBANK Center
- Jul 12 - Las Vegas, NV at Mandalay Bay Events Center
- Jul 13 - Ontario, CA at Citizens Business Bank Arena
- Jul 14 - Oakland, CA at The Oracle Arena
- Jul 19 - Kent, WA at ShoWare Center
- Jul 20 - Portland, OR at Rose Garden
- Jul 22 - Sacramento, CA at Sleep Train Arena
- Jul 23 - Los Angeles, CA at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE
- Jul 24 - Phoenix, AZ at Comerica Theatre
- Jul 27 - Grand Prairie, TX at Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
- Jul 28 - Houston, TX at Reliant Arena
- Jul 30 - New Orleans, LA at UNO Lakefront Arena
- Aug 01 - Orlando, FL at Amway Center
- Aug 02 - Miami, FL at American Airlines Arena
- Aug 04 - Duluth, GA at Arena at Gwinnett Center
- Aug 05 - N. Charleston, SC at North Charleston Coliseum
- Aug 06 - Knoxville, TN at Thompson-Boling Arena
- Aug 08 - Charlotte, NC at Time Warner Cable Arena
- Aug 09 - Fairfax, VA at Patriot Center
- Aug 12 - Trenton, NJ at Sun National Bank Center
- Aug 14 - Newark, NJ at Prudential Center
- Aug 15 - Long Island, NY at Nassau Coliseum
- Aug 16 - Atlantic City, NJ at Arena at Trump Taj Mahal
- Aug 17 - Uncasville, CT at Mohegan Sun Arena
- Aug 19 - Boston, MA at Agganis Arena at Boston Univ.
- Aug 20 - Manchester, NH at Verizon Wireless Arena
- Aug 21 - Providence, RI at Dunkin' Donuts Center
- Aug 23 - Bridgeport, CT at Webster Bank Arena
- Aug 24 - Reading, PA at Sovereign Center
- Aug 25 - Youngstown, OH at Covelli Centre
- Aug 27 - Toronto, ON at Air Canada Centre
- Aug 29 - Columbus, OH at Schottenstein Center
- Aug 30 - Louisville, KY at KFC Yum! Center
- Aug 31 - Nashville, TN at Bridgestone Arena
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'