'The Croods 2' in the Works, '21 Jump Street' Sequel Set for 2014 Release
Two commercially successful comedies will get sequel treatment. On April 17, DreamWorks stated that a sequel to "The Croods" had been in the works. In a presentation at CinemaCon on the same day, Sony Pictures proudly announced that it planned a "21 Jump Street" sequel for a 2014 release.
DreamWorks is confirmed to have Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders back to the second installment of "The Croods" film series. The duo previously served as co-directors and co-writers in the first film, which was released on March 22. Currently, the studio is still in talks with key voice stars, including Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, and Ryan Reynolds, to return the follow-up film.
Meanwhile, "21 Jump Street 2" will see the return of the original stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Hill has said that he's working on the script with Michael Bacall, who also served as the writer for the first film.
Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who are now busy with "Lego: The Piece of Resistance", might be asked to return to the second film, which is expected to start filming this September.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour