'The Croods 2' in the Works, '21 Jump Street' Sequel Set for 2014 Release
Two commercially successful comedies will get sequel treatment. On April 17, DreamWorks stated that a sequel to "The Croods" had been in the works. In a presentation at CinemaCon on the same day, Sony Pictures proudly announced that it planned a "21 Jump Street" sequel for a 2014 release.
DreamWorks is confirmed to have Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders back to the second installment of "The Croods" film series. The duo previously served as co-directors and co-writers in the first film, which was released on March 22. Currently, the studio is still in talks with key voice stars, including Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, and Ryan Reynolds, to return the follow-up film.
Meanwhile, "21 Jump Street 2" will see the return of the original stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Hill has said that he's working on the script with Michael Bacall, who also served as the writer for the first film.
Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who are now busy with "Lego: The Piece of Resistance", might be asked to return to the second film, which is expected to start filming this September.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera