'The Croods 2' in the Works, '21 Jump Street' Sequel Set for 2014 Release
Two commercially successful comedies will get sequel treatment. On April 17, DreamWorks stated that a sequel to "The Croods" had been in the works. In a presentation at CinemaCon on the same day, Sony Pictures proudly announced that it planned a "21 Jump Street" sequel for a 2014 release.
DreamWorks is confirmed to have Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders back to the second installment of "The Croods" film series. The duo previously served as co-directors and co-writers in the first film, which was released on March 22. Currently, the studio is still in talks with key voice stars, including Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, and Ryan Reynolds, to return the follow-up film.
Meanwhile, "21 Jump Street 2" will see the return of the original stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Hill has said that he's working on the script with Michael Bacall, who also served as the writer for the first film.
Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who are now busy with "Lego: The Piece of Resistance", might be asked to return to the second film, which is expected to start filming this September.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer