'The Croods 2' in the Works, '21 Jump Street' Sequel Set for 2014 Release
Two commercially successful comedies will get sequel treatment. On April 17, DreamWorks stated that a sequel to "The Croods" had been in the works. In a presentation at CinemaCon on the same day, Sony Pictures proudly announced that it planned a "21 Jump Street" sequel for a 2014 release.
DreamWorks is confirmed to have Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders back to the second installment of "The Croods" film series. The duo previously served as co-directors and co-writers in the first film, which was released on March 22. Currently, the studio is still in talks with key voice stars, including Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, and Ryan Reynolds, to return the follow-up film.
Meanwhile, "21 Jump Street 2" will see the return of the original stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Hill has said that he's working on the script with Michael Bacall, who also served as the writer for the first film.
Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who are now busy with "Lego: The Piece of Resistance", might be asked to return to the second film, which is expected to start filming this September.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos