'The Voice' Battle Round, Night 2: Adam Levine and Usher Fight to Steal From Blake Shelton
The Battle Rounds of "The Voice" season 4 continued on Tuesday, April 16. While the contestants were battling it out for a place in the next round, the coaches had their own fight with Adam Levine and Usher eying the same singer to steal.
Adam and Usher quickly hit the buttons after Blake Shelton decided to keep Danielle Bradbery instead of Caroline Glaser following their praised performance of Corinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On". Calling Caroline's voice "ethereal" and "magical," the Maroon 5 frontman said, "What you do just astonishes me."
He added, "I don't know why I didn't hop to it earlier, but I can promise you I can do everything in my power to make it up to you if you come to my team... I truly believe that we are a wonderful fit, with all my heart I do."
Usher, meanwhile, tried to convince the 18-year-old to join his team by changing his name to Gusher. "I love your voice, I love the potential of what I know I can do with you," he said, before stealing a line from Adam which worked in the past, "I'm willing to set myself on fire." Caroline said she "wasn't prepared for this," but she eventually chose to go with Adam.
Also that night, Adam pitted Michael Austin against Warren Stone for a cover of "My Kinda Party" by Jason Aldean. The judges were split with Usher preferring Warren for making the song young, and Blake rooting for Michael. At the end of the day, Adam chose Warren over Michael "because of the diversity that exists within your voice."
Usher, meanwhile, showed that he could be a tough coach if needed as he scolded Jeff Lewis and Josiah Hawley when they were laughing during rehearsal. "This is funny to you?" he asked with a serious face.
Jeff and Josiah's performance of The Police's "Roxanne" wasn't great as Shakira admitted, "I wasn't impressed." Adam criticized it, "It did fall flat a little bit." Usher eventually chose to keep Josiah, explaining, "I felt like Josiah locked into the mystique and rose to the occasion."
Usher's two other proteges Audrey Karrasch and Jamila Thompson covered "If I Were a Boy", and he chose Audrey. Two other singers from team Blake, Grace Askew and Trevor Davis, were dueling on "Me and Bobby McGee", with Grace coming out as the winner. Meanwhile, Tawnya Reynolds of team Shakira moved to the next round after she and Mark Andrew sang "The Chain".
More The Voice News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'