'The Vampire Diaries' Casts 'Homeland' Actor as Silas
"The Vampire Diaries" has found its elusive villain. "Homeland" actor Scott Parks is confirmed to be on board the supernatural drama series to portray Silas, the most powerful immortal being who can take any form he wants.
Before the arrival of Parks in the cast ensemble, Silas has only been mentioned throughout season 4 of The CW's series, which stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder. The ancient witch killed Jeremy Gilbert and possessed Bonnie (Katerina Graham) to do his dirty bidding.
Previously, the series has been confirmed to revive Jeremy, played by Steven R. McQueen. More familiar faces will reportedly make re-appearance on the series before the season wraps up in May.
Based on L.J. Smith's book series of the same name, "The Vampire Diaries" is currently taking a two-week hiatus and will return with new episodes starting April 18. According to TV Line, Parks' Silas is set to "do most of his dirty work in disguise" in episode 19, "Pictures of You". The show will introduce a potential spin-off with episode 20, "The Originals", set to air April 25.
Aside from "Homeland", Parks has starred in "The Jailhouse", "Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever", "Port City" and "The Waters: Phase One".
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival