'The Vampire Diaries' Casts 'Homeland' Actor as Silas
"The Vampire Diaries" has found its elusive villain. "Homeland" actor Scott Parks is confirmed to be on board the supernatural drama series to portray Silas, the most powerful immortal being who can take any form he wants.
Before the arrival of Parks in the cast ensemble, Silas has only been mentioned throughout season 4 of The CW's series, which stars Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder. The ancient witch killed Jeremy Gilbert and possessed Bonnie (Katerina Graham) to do his dirty bidding.
Previously, the series has been confirmed to revive Jeremy, played by Steven R. McQueen. More familiar faces will reportedly make re-appearance on the series before the season wraps up in May.
Based on L.J. Smith's book series of the same name, "The Vampire Diaries" is currently taking a two-week hiatus and will return with new episodes starting April 18. According to TV Line, Parks' Silas is set to "do most of his dirty work in disguise" in episode 19, "Pictures of You". The show will introduce a potential spin-off with episode 20, "The Originals", set to air April 25.
Aside from "Homeland", Parks has starred in "The Jailhouse", "Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever", "Port City" and "The Waters: Phase One".
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story