Video Premiere: Demi Lovato's 'Heart Attack'
After more than a month of much anticipation from her Lovatics, Disney-bred star Demi Lovato finally premieres the music video for her new single "Heart Attack". The track is the first cut off her upcoming fourth album, "Demi", scheduled to come out on May 14.
Director Chris Applebaum dishes out quite simple yet straightforward visuals for the three-and-a-half-minute plus clip which was executed in just a few different production set-ups. Emerging from a pool of black paint at the onset, Lovato is then shown looking all-natural and fresh in a white top on the next scene, holding up two graphite-covered hands.
Just before the hook plays, the 20-year-old singer appears in an edgy, all-black ensemble as she gets ready to rock out with her band playing just behind her in a vacant hallway. She sings about putting up defenses and avoiding falling in love, saying, "If I ever did that / I think I'd have a heart attack."
Co-written by the artist herself, Lovato writes about feeling almost paralyzed in nervousness over the man of her dreams. It's reflected in lyrics, "But you make me wanna act like a girl / Paint my nails and wear high heels / Yes, you make me so nervous / That I just can't hold your hand." She also belts out some pretty high notes as she gets nearer towards the end of the song.
Demi Lovato's "Heart Attack" music video
More Demi Lovato News
- Fans Speculate Infinite's Woohyun Is Involved in Sexual Assault Case
- Venus Williams Claims Fatal Car Crash Victim Didn't Wear Seat Belt
- Chadwick Boseman Hunts Down His Sister's Killer in Intense Trailer for 'Message from the King'
- Usher Cleans His Star and Pushes a Car With James Corden in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Kate Hudson Shaves Her Head for New Musical Project With Sia
- O.J. Simpson and Kato Kaelin May Live Together for New Reality Show
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini