Video Premiere: Demi Lovato's 'Heart Attack'
After more than a month of much anticipation from her Lovatics, Disney-bred star Demi Lovato finally premieres the music video for her new single "Heart Attack". The track is the first cut off her upcoming fourth album, "Demi", scheduled to come out on May 14.
Director Chris Applebaum dishes out quite simple yet straightforward visuals for the three-and-a-half-minute plus clip which was executed in just a few different production set-ups. Emerging from a pool of black paint at the onset, Lovato is then shown looking all-natural and fresh in a white top on the next scene, holding up two graphite-covered hands.
Just before the hook plays, the 20-year-old singer appears in an edgy, all-black ensemble as she gets ready to rock out with her band playing just behind her in a vacant hallway. She sings about putting up defenses and avoiding falling in love, saying, "If I ever did that / I think I'd have a heart attack."
Co-written by the artist herself, Lovato writes about feeling almost paralyzed in nervousness over the man of her dreams. It's reflected in lyrics, "But you make me wanna act like a girl / Paint my nails and wear high heels / Yes, you make me so nervous / That I just can't hold your hand." She also belts out some pretty high notes as she gets nearer towards the end of the song.
More Demi Lovato News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen