Video Premiere: Demi Lovato's 'Heart Attack'
After more than a month of much anticipation from her Lovatics, Disney-bred star Demi Lovato finally premieres the music video for her new single "Heart Attack". The track is the first cut off her upcoming fourth album, "Demi", scheduled to come out on May 14.
Director Chris Applebaum dishes out quite simple yet straightforward visuals for the three-and-a-half-minute plus clip which was executed in just a few different production set-ups. Emerging from a pool of black paint at the onset, Lovato is then shown looking all-natural and fresh in a white top on the next scene, holding up two graphite-covered hands.
Just before the hook plays, the 20-year-old singer appears in an edgy, all-black ensemble as she gets ready to rock out with her band playing just behind her in a vacant hallway. She sings about putting up defenses and avoiding falling in love, saying, "If I ever did that / I think I'd have a heart attack."
Co-written by the artist herself, Lovato writes about feeling almost paralyzed in nervousness over the man of her dreams. It's reflected in lyrics, "But you make me wanna act like a girl / Paint my nails and wear high heels / Yes, you make me so nervous / That I just can't hold your hand." She also belts out some pretty high notes as she gets nearer towards the end of the song.
Demi Lovato's "Heart Attack" music video
More Demi Lovato News
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer