Jada Pinkett Smith Addresses Open Marriage Rumor, Says Will Smith 'Can Do Whatever' He Wants
Jada Pinkett Smith discussed "persistent" open-marriage rumor which hit her and husband Will Smith in an interview with Marc Lamont Hill on HuffPost Live. Marc asked Jada, "Is it true?" The actress replied, "I think, no, I think people get that idea because Will and I are very relaxed with one another and I think because, from how I've answered questions."
"The Matrix Reloaded" actress explained further, "I've always told Will, you can do whatever you want as long as you can look at yourself in the mirror and be OK. Because at the end of the day Will is his own man. I'm here as his partner, but he is his own man. He has to decide who he wants to be, and that's not for me to do for him. Or vice-versa."
The mother of 14-year-old Jaden Smith and 12-year-old Willow Smith confessed, "I don't think it's easy to be married to anyone. I think that you have to go into a relationship knowing - especially when you're dedicating yourself to someone for the rest of your life - this is a life partnership."
"He's been by my side through some of the most difficult parts of my life. And so that's something you can never take away," she said about her husband in the interview. "A lot of other things, you never know, other things might change, but one thing is for sure: I love him deeply and he is my best friend. So then you always have that as your foundation and there's nothing that can change that. Nothing," she added.
Jada and Will have been hit with numerous rumors related to marital life. In 2011, there was a report saying that she had an affair with Marc Anthony when he was still married to Jennifer Lopez. However, Jada quickly dismissed the rumor via her representative.
More Jada Pinkett Smith News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons