Report: Christopher Abbott Leaves 'Girls' After an Argument With Lena Dunham
Christopher Abbott has abruptly quit "Girls" while the show has just started the production of its third season. Confirming his exit, a representative for the actor says, "[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire 'Girls' cast and crew, but right now he's working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show."
New York Post's Page Six, however, cites another issue as the reason for Abbott's departure. Sources tell the site that the actor who plays Charlie, the boyfriend of Allison Williams' Marnie Williams, had a conflict with Lena Dunham, who created the show, as the critically-acclaimed series began the production again.
"They've just started work on season 3, and Chris is at odds with Lena," a source says. "He didn't like the direction things are going in, which seems a bit odd since the show put him on the map."
Abbott is a recurring actor on the HBO comedy. He stars in indie movie "Burma" which was screened at SXSW last March.
More Girls News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3