Report: Christopher Abbott Leaves 'Girls' After an Argument With Lena Dunham
Christopher Abbott has abruptly quit "Girls" while the show has just started the production of its third season. Confirming his exit, a representative for the actor says, "[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire 'Girls' cast and crew, but right now he's working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show."
New York Post's Page Six, however, cites another issue as the reason for Abbott's departure. Sources tell the site that the actor who plays Charlie, the boyfriend of Allison Williams' Marnie Williams, had a conflict with Lena Dunham, who created the show, as the critically-acclaimed series began the production again.
"They've just started work on season 3, and Chris is at odds with Lena," a source says. "He didn't like the direction things are going in, which seems a bit odd since the show put him on the map."
Abbott is a recurring actor on the HBO comedy. He stars in indie movie "Burma" which was screened at SXSW last March.
More Girls News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says