Report: Christopher Abbott Leaves 'Girls' After an Argument With Lena Dunham
Christopher Abbott has abruptly quit "Girls" while the show has just started the production of its third season. Confirming his exit, a representative for the actor says, "[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire 'Girls' cast and crew, but right now he's working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show."
New York Post's Page Six, however, cites another issue as the reason for Abbott's departure. Sources tell the site that the actor who plays Charlie, the boyfriend of Allison Williams' Marnie Williams, had a conflict with Lena Dunham, who created the show, as the critically-acclaimed series began the production again.
"They've just started work on season 3, and Chris is at odds with Lena," a source says. "He didn't like the direction things are going in, which seems a bit odd since the show put him on the map."
Abbott is a recurring actor on the HBO comedy. He stars in indie movie "Burma" which was screened at SXSW last March.
More Girls News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern