Report: Christopher Abbott Leaves 'Girls' After an Argument With Lena Dunham
Christopher Abbott has abruptly quit "Girls" while the show has just started the production of its third season. Confirming his exit, a representative for the actor says, "[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire 'Girls' cast and crew, but right now he's working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show."
New York Post's Page Six, however, cites another issue as the reason for Abbott's departure. Sources tell the site that the actor who plays Charlie, the boyfriend of Allison Williams' Marnie Williams, had a conflict with Lena Dunham, who created the show, as the critically-acclaimed series began the production again.
"They've just started work on season 3, and Chris is at odds with Lena," a source says. "He didn't like the direction things are going in, which seems a bit odd since the show put him on the map."
Abbott is a recurring actor on the HBO comedy. He stars in indie movie "Burma" which was screened at SXSW last March.
More Girls News
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale