Report: Christopher Abbott Leaves 'Girls' After an Argument With Lena Dunham
Christopher Abbott has abruptly quit "Girls" while the show has just started the production of its third season. Confirming his exit, a representative for the actor says, "[Chris] is grateful for the experience of collaborating with Lena, Judd [Apatow], and the entire 'Girls' cast and crew, but right now he's working on numerous other projects and has decided not to return to the show."
New York Post's Page Six, however, cites another issue as the reason for Abbott's departure. Sources tell the site that the actor who plays Charlie, the boyfriend of Allison Williams' Marnie Williams, had a conflict with Lena Dunham, who created the show, as the critically-acclaimed series began the production again.
"They've just started work on season 3, and Chris is at odds with Lena," a source says. "He didn't like the direction things are going in, which seems a bit odd since the show put him on the map."
Abbott is a recurring actor on the HBO comedy. He stars in indie movie "Burma" which was screened at SXSW last March.
More Girls News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story