Justin Bieber on Being Famous: 'I'm Very Much in Control'
Justin Bieber graces the cover of Teen Vogue for its May issue. In an interview with the magazine, the 19-year-old singer opens up about his private life. He also responds to some negative news about him.
"I get good vibes from people all the time, and I probably could get along with them and be their friend, but now I just don't trust anybody. Literally, my phone never rings. I only have, like, four people that I keep in contact with," he says. "I don't need a bunch of friends to make me happy. I just need the people close to me that I love, that's all."
Referring to recent negative coverage about him, including his alleged altercation with his neighbor and his confiscated capuchin monkey, the ex-boyfriend of Selena Gomez responds, "I know who I am and I'm very much in control. I don't need to address every speculation. Remember when Cam'ron dissed Jay-Z? Jay-Z didn't even respond. Why didn't he respond? Because he's Jay-Z."
He also says he feels better when he sees positive feedback from his fans. Of why he chooses not to address specific people who criticize him, he says, "My Twitter is really nice... I have so many fans that I rarely ever see a nasty tweet."
"I see so much stuff on the Internet, sometimes I just want to go to Twitter and just go after people. But then I think twice, if someone is dissing me, I'm going to make this person way more famous by tweeting them," he continues.
While Bieber is sure he knows his place, Peter Mensch, manager for Metallica, doesn't think so. He thinks Bieber needs someone to correct his erratic behavior. "I'd take Bieber to the woodshed and spank him," Mensch says. "I don't know what Bieber's problem is. His career is over in three years anyway."
More Justin Bieber News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting